+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Should it ever come to pass I doubt if we would become as mundane as Dundee City.
    Dundee Cardinals maybe.

Dundee Discovery FC or City of Discovery FC?

Proposals for a merger, or a take over, would certainly be unpopular. However, winning the Premier League in their first season, competing in cup finals on an annual basis and getting to the latter stages of European competitions would cause most to change their minds as well as causing many to ditch Old Firm support in view of the new kid on the block.

On the other hand, a merged club is unlikely to be any stronger than what we currently have in the city. It might be more able to survive better financially, or even make a profit?

I wouldn't support a new club if it won everything under the son, I'd despise it more than I do Sevco, would support a phoenix but I'd be sick for ever about what happened to DUFC

Btw a new club would never be bigger or better than a well run top flight United, like United from 2007-2015

Much of this merger keech, that has reared its head yet again, is driven by the media. Much of it the weegie and radio media who have no clue about fitba in our city and indeed have no clue about our city ! This is not being helped by both teams being currently s.hite. Hopefully we are on the way up though, out of this league and end this merger talk nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post

On the other hand, a merged club is unlikely to be any stronger than what we currently have in the city. It might be more able to survive better financially, or even make a profit?
    again, debatable as both teams are absolute f cuking sh1te just now with dwindling support

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Much of this merger keech, that has reared its head yet again, is driven by the media. Much of it the weegie and radio media who have no clue about fitba in our city and indeed have no clue about our city ! This is not being helped by both teams being currently s.hite. Hopefully we are on the way up though, out of this league and end this merger talk nonsense.
    Absolutely.

Just mindless paper talk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I wouldn't support a new club if it won everything under the son, I'd despise it more than I do Sevco, would support a phoenix but I'd be sick for ever about what happened to DUFC

Btw a new club would never be bigger or better than a well run top flight United, like United from 2007-2015
    what else would you do on a saturday shedka? seriously though i think more would go than not go

I think a meger would work and return a profit for owners sometime around 2056

How would a merger work? You would have two BOD's, Two Managers and their teams, Two sets of ground staff, Two sets of office staff etc etc. I can only see a Takeover rather than a merger. Which of the Americans would give up power. Redundancies/pay offs would be costly. No point in building a new stadium on the outskirts of the city at huge expense when you can update Tannadice BUT the Dundee fans would not tolerate that, even if it was a new team.
    I just see too many problems in a merger/takeover for it to happen.
    Incidentally, I would be vehemently opposed to any merger with Dundee FC. I would rather go and see Forfar or Arbroath on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what else would you do on a saturday shedka? seriously though i think more would go than not go
    I would never watch a merged team ever. Plenty to do on saturdays than watching a franchise. Im just glad neither teams have american owners 🤣

Couldnt bring myself to support a merged team. I thought i could have been swayed by my father seen as he saw football every week as a youngster, but even he would never support the merged team.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)