+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart it's cost me £55m...and we're still losing money

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    How do you guys see the future of the club if Tony Stewart calls it a day ?
    He's the gaurantor to the finances owed by the club and RU Estates who owns the ground so I find it difficult to see any other answer than he can't!

Without TS we probably wouldn’t have a club.
    That’s enough irrespective of amounts put in or not put in.
    We’ve been on an incredible journey which has had far more ups than downs.
    He’s a legend.
    I judge him on what he’s achieved not what he’s financed.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    How do you guys see the future of the club if Tony Stewart calls it a day ?
    Just like just about every other club in the country - it will be a difficult future without a benefactor owner. The truth is 20% to 30% income comes through gate receipts. Clubs cannot run as they did in the old days on income from supporters and raffles on a Saturday night around working mans clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    He’s a legend.
    Too true. Championship L1 or L2 as long as we're in business then great by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    He’s a legend.
    You hit it right on the head. My annoyance of this incorrect journalism is taking away from what he's really done for the club.

can tony Stewart afford to walk away??

he is the guarantor so if he washes is hand of rotherham he will still have to pay the bills regardless if he still owns it??

presuming a new owner can't be found and he doesn't go bankrupt

Presumably TS wouldn't just walk away, he would look to sell the club and recoup some or all of the money he is reported to have put into it.
    There never seems to be a shortage of people willing to buy football clubs but if ours had a change of ownership I'm not sure what it would mean for the future.
    We are very lucky to have an owner like Tony Stewart but he's not getting any younger and his son may not have the same enthusiasm for the job that his father has.

It makes you wonder what TS thinks about this idle reporting

Whenever this comes up I think of George Reynolds building a 25000 seat stadium at Darlington then them going into administration and being thrown out of the Football League, carry on doing it as you are Tony and even if you won’t win a sports quiz you can proudly say “I did it my way”

Remember RU estates is a completely different company to Rotherham United football club (RUFC) limited, RUFC pay rent via a lease to RU estates TS has a beneficial interest in Both in an op o/prop o arrangement which is why it was easier to attract the finance. TS isn’t a director of RU estates, its Anthony and Richard Stewart who are the sole directors.

My guess is that if TS sold RUFC then the new owners would either take on under assignment all the debts, or the debts are cleared to enable him to leave smoothly. The new owners would the take over the lease with RU estates ( there will be an assignment, transfer and sub-lease clause in the lease) I’d be suprised if RU estates sold up as well to ant new owners.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast