+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stewart it's cost me £55m...and we're still losing money

I really respect what Tony Stewart has done for RUFC but the £55 million he mentions he has put in is a load of crap, I wish sometimes he would keep it buttoned its embarrassing.

He likes to be called Mr Big to much but like I said, I do admire what he has done and without him we would not have a club.

Quote Originally Posted by roscoemiller View Post
    I really respect what Tony Stewart has done for RUFC but the £55 million he mentions he has put in is a load of crap, I wish sometimes he would keep it buttoned its embarrassing.

He likes to be called Mr Big to much but like I said, I do admire what he has done and without him we would not have a club.
    If its not £55m how much has he put in Roscoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I am forever grateful for every quid Tony Stewart has put into the club, without him we would not be where we are now. But £55m? Of his own money? Really?
    About 18 months ago, maybe less, he did a similar interview where he said he'd put in probably £35m of his own money. Now I'm not disputing that he's put in a significant fortune if his own money into the club but I find it hard to believe it amounts to £55m. £35m sounded about right at the time but where has an extra £20m been plucked from since then?
    He has been a Godsend to RUFC but he talks bobar at times!
    I also saw that

it was at end of the nightmare season and all was quite.
    until tony dropped a bombshell in telling us Evans diet.
    35 million he said I have put into the club.
    And since then he has put 20 million into the pub.
    Danny ward money Man City money it it’s all run out.
    And Since tony Stewart’s spending it’s dry as a drought.
    It’s just an excuse to not spend if you ask me.
    But hey all we can do it wait and see.

I dont doubt for minute that hes spent £55m, that doesnt mean for a minute hes lost £55m, hes transferred it from cash into property and other assets which when sold will either result in a loss or a profit

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I dont doubt for minute that hes spent £55m, that doesnt mean for a minute hes lost £55m, hes transferred it from cash into property and other assets which when sold will either result in a loss or a profit
    Apart from one season the club has been running at a loss. I always thought RMBC owned the land and RUFC have a long lease on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Apart from one season the club has been running at a loss. I always thought RMBC owned the land and RUFC have a long lease on it.
    100 year lease isn't it? Free at that if memory serves. Another great piece of business.

Think the couple of seasons in the championship we posted figures of loosing 1.8 million and a 1.1 million
    Plus a 680k in league 1. Not sure about league 2 and last season..
    I would have thought the 35 million is closer than 55 million though if anyone knows it's TS

The famous Abraham Lincoln quote springs to mind !

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    "Who let that nutter in this theatre with a gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    “I’ve got an Afro under this hat”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast