+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart it's cost me £55m...and we're still losing money

How the fk can you question tony.
    You sad sacks?
    Put some of your own money in.
    Tic toc

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    You sad sacks?
    Tic toc
    The last time my sacks were sad is when I had the snip.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Remember RU estates is a completely different company to Rotherham United football club (RUFC) limited, RUFC pay rent via a lease to RU estates TS has a beneficial interest in Both in an op o/prop o arrangement which is why it was easier to attract the finance. TS isn’t a director of RU estates, its Anthony and Richard Stewart who are the sole directors.
    Is Anthony Roy Stewart (listed as director of RU Estate on Companies House) a different person to Tony Stewart (the Chairman).

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Is Anthony Roy Stewart (listed as director of RU Estate on Companies House) a different person to Tony Stewart (the Chairman).
    Anthony Stewart IS Tony Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Remember RU estates is a completely different company to Rotherham United football club (RUFC) limited, RUFC pay rent via a lease to RU estates TS has a beneficial interest in Both in an op o/prop o arrangement which is why it was easier to attract the finance. TS isn’t a director of RU estates, its Anthony and Richard Stewart who are the sole directors.

My guess is that if TS sold RUFC then the new owners would either take on under assignment all the debts, or the debts are cleared to enable him to leave smoothly. The new owners would the take over the lease with RU estates ( there will be an assignment, transfer and sub-lease clause in the lease) I’d be suprised if RU estates sold up as well to ant new owners.
    so really tony stewart would have a gun to the new owners over rent of the ground etc.

makes rotherham look unatractive to New buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    You sad sacks?
    Tic toc
    I have I put money into the buckets to save the club.

that mean I can have my say??

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    so really tony stewart would have a gun to the new owners over rent of the ground etc.

The lease is normal set with renewals and breaks ( possibly no breaks in this case) so any owner would know exactly what they were paying for a long time in advance. It’s not inconceivable that any new owners would like to purchase RU estates, but the Stewart’s would be daft to sell IMO

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

I'd be surprised if much more than 10% of the 92 FL clubs actually own their ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'd be surprised if much more than 10% of the 92 FL clubs actually own their ground.
    in the prem league alone the clubs that actually own there ground and the leasehold is none. nil, zilch.
    theres a few who own the leasehold outright though only 5

brighton is owned by the council and man c and huddersfield grounds are shared ventured between the clubs and council

and a weird one is. David pearl the vice chairman at spurs is the owner of structurdean who own the freehold to Dean court where Bournemouth play

I am forever grateful for every quid Tony Stewart has put into the club, without him we would not be where we are now. But £55m? Of his own money? Really?
    About 18 months ago, maybe less, he did a similar interview where he said he'd put in probably £35m of his own money. Now I'm not disputing that he's put in a significant fortune if his own money into the club but I find it hard to believe it amounts to £55m. £35m sounded about right at the time but where has an extra £20m been plucked from since then?
    He has been a Godsend to RUFC but he talks bobar at times!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast