+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Man City post match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    So just 6.0 then
    Maybe, still would be better than us sadly.

I thought you gave it a good go. Couldn’t fault the players for effort. A few prem teams have not shown the commitment that Rotherham did. Great support as well.

Hopefully the cup run money helps you kick on.

Is guardiola actually a good manager?
    I'm not convnced.
    Huge resources at his disposal with Barca Bayern and Chav City. I think my 20 year old cat could have won the league title with City as They had no challengers really. No Leicester from left field, manu at the start of their decline, arsenal in free fall, spurs perennial under achievers.
    They,ve got nowhere near winning the champions league so when he can't buy his way to a title he's found wanting against superior managers in other parts of Europe.
    He won't win the league title this season because he's up against a really good title contender in Liverpool.....both Guardiola and City fans already know this of course and their win last Thursday was a mere blip for the reds

Then he ciomes up against Real Madrid Rotherham and persists in playing his strongest team for 90 mins
    Look at how good he is......smashed the Millers with half a billion behind him.
    Too much trouble to play a few youngsters and spend some time coaching them......too much effort and took the easy option.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 07-01-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Please don't post just links without any description of what it is they point to. Thanks.
    No prob, but at least it was related to the topic. I'm not one not to post links to crap not related.

For those who arsed, it's a bit of banter between Burton and Man City about the score.

Quote Originally Posted by pep blue army View Post
    I thought you gave it a good go. Couldn’t fault the players for effort. A few prem teams have not shown the commitment that Rotherham did. Great support as well.

Hopefully the cup run money helps you kick on.
    Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, a cup run of one game, with prices of £10 isn't going to put a lot of cash into the transfer pot. Hopefully, will pay the wages of a player Pep will loan us.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Is guardiola actually a good manager?
    I'm not convnced.
    Huge resources at his disposal with Barca Bayern and Chav City. I think my 20 year old cat could have won the league title with City as They had no challengers really. No Leicester from left field, manu at the start of their decline, arsenal in free fall, spurs perennial under achievers.
    They,ve got nowhere near winning the champions league so when he can't buy his way to a title he's found wanting against superior managers in other parts of Europe.
    He won't win the league title this season because he's up against a really good title contender in Liverpool.....both Guardiola and City fans already know this of course and their win last Thursday was a mere blip for the reds

Then he ciomes up against Real Madrid Rotherham and persists in playing his strongest team for 90 mins
    Look at how good he is......smashed the Millers with half a billion behind him.
    Too much trouble to play a few youngsters and spend some time coaching them......too much effort and took the easy option.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but I he's obviously a top manager.

He was the one who got Barcelona to play the way they did 10 years ago.

Look at his man management of sterling. Whatever you say about sterling, he performs for city.

Not being sarcastic. Genuine doubts
    Hasn't got anywhere near winning the champions league with City even with huge resources.
    I'm sure that's what the owners brought him in for and he hasn't delivered that

I thought we were well in the game until they got their 7th against the run of play - that's what killed us off.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456