+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City post match thoughts

Man City post match thoughts

Yes it's early. Bad winds here so no power, no internet and no TV. Maybe a blessing Phone down to 5%.

Thought on today?

They are an amazing side and its hard not to feel sorry for the players after that.

Wiles was excellent again, if he continues in this form this lad will be worth a fortune hes different class. Cant believe the confidence he has

We should have gone out and attacked from the start and made all of the other Premiership clubs look like crap for not doing it.

Instead we played the best we could in a formation that suited us. We could have easily have conceded more goals but you can see clearly why they are one of the best teams in the world.

Some great preformances especially by Ajayi and Vaulkes. Wiles looks like he could adapt to that level without too much trouble. The full backs won't have had a much more difficult day than today. Mattock played very well although the player he was up against didn't cost more than £30m.

Seriously there won't be many oppotunities to play against the Premiership teams. We've done it twice this year and preformed better than other teams against them.

Let's concentrate on the league now and put ourselves in the same draw for next season!

A Proud Miller!

Any other team in the top 6 of the PL would have seen an enormous amount of changes and a bit more of a competitive game .

With Pep and City you don't get that , the bloke is so driven he fields within reason his strongest side who don't let up , no settling for 3-0 no pyssing about .

They never let up all afternoon , still hungry for more goals right till the final whistle

Completely ruthless , he wants to win every trophy available and do it all again next season too .

Lets face it we suck away and got drawn against one of the top teams in the world, was anyone actually expecting a win?

I wasn’t

Before the game I thought to myself so long as it’s not double digits and after watching it on stream i thought we played well we just couldn’t stop them once they warmed up.

It was a great experience for our lads and hopefully it will show them how far off they are and help them in improving themselves.

Also hopefully the cash we got from gate will help us in window

Almost 53k attendance
    Think of the cash we’ve received

Lick our wounds and go to Ipswich to win.
    Ben Wiles my MotM
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 06-01-2019 at 04:32 PM.

A little disappointed and humiliated but still proud of my club.

I felt one or two players were overwhelmed by the occasion and didn't really turn up but you cant really complain. Man City just keep turning the screw and have a bottomless reservoir of talent.

I just wish we could have given them more of a game - that's all...

BBC say the crowd was 52708. Pretty decent.

Tired now. 6am kick-off here.

(Sorry you didn't get to see it, CAM. I struggled to get ESPN+ to work but got there in the end. Picture quality wasn't too good with a lot of slowing down and jerking forward.)

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    A little disappointed and humiliated but still proud of my club.

I felt one or two players were overwhelmed by the occasion and didn't really turn up but you cant really complain. Man City just keep turning the screw and have a bottomless reservoir of talent.

I just wish we could have given them more of a game - that's all...

BBC say the crowd was 52708. Pretty decent.

Tired now. 6am kick-off here.

(Sorry you didn't get to see it, CAM. I struggled to get ESPN+ to work but got there in the end. Picture quality wasn't too good with a lot of slowing down and jerking forward.)
    Highlighted when Sterling went off and they brought Sane on .

Feckin hell !!

Anyone else and a spoty 18 year old kid would have come on .

Let's put things in perspective.
    Everyone expected us to lose to the champions of England and we did.
    No-one expected the Blunts to lose to a non-league outfit but they did.
    I think fans of the Blunts will feel more humiliated than we do 😊

We got we deserved didn't compete or even made them have to think. They are a very good side and we shouldn't be anywhere near them and we weren't. For me I think we sat back too much and let very talented players do what they do best.
    Hey ho, bright spark was young Ben again, head and shoulders above his elders, he surely must play a bigger part in future. Semi showed what a good player he is and Robertson and Vaulks battled well. Is there a clause in Vyners contract that he must play? I can think of no other reason for him being on the pitch, send him back now and play Jones.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast