+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Man City post match thoughts

Feel really disappointed tbh. It's not that I expected us to win, but I thought we might have set up differently and had a go at them, let them know we were there at least. We set up as we would for a Championship match, and too often stood and watched as city passed through us. What disappointed me the most is City didn't even have to graft for it, they barely broke a sweat.
    I know we're talking about world class players here but I just feel we could have given a better account of ourselves. The outcome may have been the same but I /we just wanted something to cheer about.
    It ended how I feared it would. Still, a good experience for us, Wiles was different class and at times looked more like a product of Man City's fine academy set up than our own.
    53000 crowd, saw some world class players in a world class venue, not very often these things come around for us and I enjoyed everything apart from our display. Not lacking in effort, but could have been a lot better I felt.

Disappointed we didn’t score.

Wiles MOTM

Some players did well.

We really need to get the players to push on instead of sitting back all the time.

It’s really getting boring now with our oneway system, it needs a change.

Etihad is better with the third tier but still Old Trafford is better
    Last edited by millertop; 06-01-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Just got power back on here and watched the first half. Agree it would have been nicer to see us in red. How long does it take to wire up a replacement assistant referee? Completely upset our flow and cost us the game. Get a complaint into the FA Paul

Actually prefer us losing 7-0 to that team than losing 1-0 to a team like we played in that joke cup last season. Kudos to Pep for putting out that 11. I think we'll learn some lessons from it and PW should have no problem picking them up for Saturday when it really counts.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 06-01-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Firstly, credit where its due, they are by far the best side I've witnessed with my own eyes. What you dont get when watching them on TV is just how good their off the ball movement is. Forget the fact that one to eleven their players are all so comfortable in possession, their off ball movement (often in little packs) is simply breathtaking.

Our support: stunning in terms of numbers. I felt so proud seeing over 6k millers fill the away end.

Their support: what the heck has happened to "Citeh"?? I've been to Maine Road several times. In the away end with the Millers and in the home end with Man City supporting mates. Their crowd used to be awesome: vocal, gritty, passionate, intimidating. They're now like a fat, neutered tabby cat!! Quiet, sterile, happy_claappy zombies. So incredibly plastic. 😕

Finally, Ben Wiles. Wow, just wow. A 19 year old Rotherham born (Millers supporting) boy who at times ran through their players as though they didn't exist. He honestly would not have looked out of place in their side. Stay fit and stay focused Wilesy because you could be on your way to becoming a Millers legend!!

I said after the Bristol match that we'd already made our first signing, or as good as, before the transfer window opened.

New good quality midfielder required? We ,ve just acquired one.

I know some will disagree but we also missed Towell again today.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 06-01-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Firstly, credit where its due, they are by far the best side I've witnessed with my own eyes. What you dont get when watching them on TV is just how good their off the ball movement is. Forget the fact that one to eleven their players are all so comfortable in possession, their off ball movement (often in little packs) is simply breathtaking.

Our support: stunning in terms of numbers. I felt so proud seeing over 6k millers fill the away end.

Their support: what the heck has happened to "Citeh"?? I've been to Maine Road several times. In the away end with the Millers and in the home end with Man City supporting mates. Their crowd used to be awesome: vocal, gritty, passionate, intimidating. They're now like a fat, neutered tabby cat!! Quiet, sterile, happy_claappy zombies. So incredibly plastic. 😕

Finally, Ben Wiles. Wow, just wow. A 19 year old Rotherham born (Millers supporting) boy who at times ran through their players as though they didn't exist. He honestly would not have looked out of place in their side. Stay fit and stay focused Wilesy because you could be on your way to becoming a Millers legend!!
    Difference is now with City is that for the vast majority of games they simply light up a big cigar and just watch their team stroll to victory .

I noticed the other night against Liverpool with their league title on the line they upped the ante with noise and passion because they had their @sses against the wall .

That's how we remember the old Man City at Maine Road I guess .

Bit different now to say the least .

Was sat in with the City fans when the millers were singing 5 - 0 and you still don't sing a City fan shouted we see this every week. Just about sums it up

Just got back - some good pubs in Manchester!
    Player-wise, you get what you pay for... and our players cost next to nowt, theirs cost zillions. Not happy about team selection and tactics though - when we play "three wingers" we never win, and there is no sign that Warney is going to change that. Sat too deep (again). Waited too late to make substitutions (again) . Vyner was shocking (again) and Mattock wasn't much better. Strange that in England games the full backs from the likes of the Faroe Islands or Lichtenstein (trawler skippers, librarians, etc) who are not professional footballers, can mark Sterling out of the game fairly easily, but we couldn't. On a more positive note, Wiles, Vaulks, Smith, and Robertson played quite well. Rodak was at fault for one goal, but more than made up for that with some great saves, so it might have been double figures otherwise. Message to Warney - please not the same team selection and tactics at Ipswich!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 06-01-2019 at 09:10 PM.

upto the secound goal there was not a lot in it to br fair.

then they stepped up a gear or we got a bit deflated
    there third was a fluke nothing ajayi could do about the own goal really.

gutted it was 7 but they are on a different planet to us.

just hope it hasn't effected the players a little bit mentally.

Smith shot anywhere but at the keeper it was a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Not happy about team selection and tactics though - when we play "three wingers" we never win, and there is no sign that Warney is going to change that.
    What team was he meant to select though? Newell pulled his groin in the warm up and Warne has admitted Jones was only on the bench to make up the numbers and wasn't fit enough to play. The only other real option was to leave Raggett in, and move Ajayi into midfield, but then we'd have been sitting ever deeper. What would've been the point in making subs earlier? The only 3 fit players he could bring on were 2 centre halves and Palmer, and what difference would that've made?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast