+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just an observation

Just an observation

Now the cup is out of the way, With WBA playing Norwich next week the Derby game is a must win, Its obvious theres still a long way to go but we need to get back to winning ways..

Derby will be playing with the enthusiasm of a decent cup result.
    We will be playing with the 'enthusiasm' of 3 defeats in a row.
    Should have stuffed Schteve up his brolly today.

Hi Pete, I think most on here will think this is n'but a flesh wound today, winning is always good for our confidence though, I wonder what the gaffer will think, I'm pretty sure on how we lost or on how we failed to score! I didn't want a draw either way though. I agree we don't want to get ourselves in a rut.
    100% sure the boss won't allow that to happen. Focus on our league games always a priority down at ER, I'm sure of that.

I reckon a cup run just exposes us to more injuries. Has to be league, no one cares anymore about the cups. I’m worried the lack of depth in our squad will come back to bite us but in MB we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Derby will be playing with the enthusiasm of a decent cup result.
    We will be playing with the 'enthusiasm' of 3 defeats in a row.
    Should have stuffed Schteve up his brolly today.
    FFS William....

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    FFS William....
    It was post match depression. I'll come to terms with the result when beat Frank Bleakley.

i normally try to think positive

no more cup games to distract from the league
    players due back at end of january
    still top and will still be top 2 even after next league match

if we can just ride out this period where weve had injured key players, and still be top 2, then we will be promoted this season!

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Hi Pete, I think most on here will think this is n'but a flesh wound today, winning is always good for our confidence though
    Gotta bear in mind that you would hardly call yesterday's team a first team so those players won't be too hit by disappointment over the way they performed cos they didn't actually play! There's only a handful showing and they should see that is was more an u23 runout for what it was.

I think the team, like us lot will be more disappointed if we don't get a result against derby then this cup defeat. Winning always makes you feel good though no matter what level, derby will be on a high with there cup game result. No problem with the FA cup but this season we have a genuine buzz and optimism and we all agree what our target is. Derby is a great test for us and I've no fear.... we will beat them.

agree george, think we´ll spank em again.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)