+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Thompson

I was surprised at the time that we let Curtis go. He was not near the top of my list of players to ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I was surprised at the time that we let Curtis go. He was not near the top of my list of players to ship out.
    Why? Nolan clearly didn't rate him and he'd hardly featured at all, I would have been shocked had we kept him around personally

Poor way to treat a player that had been at the club all his life.
    Please don’t knock him or try to make yourself feel better by saying the correct decision was to let him walk away from the club especially if you knew what a low wage he was drawing, let’s just say one of his replacements is earning over x4 his salary.
    The lad will run allday ! Will chase down the ball, pressurise the opposition and stop them playing, nobody has done that this season full stop !
    He could then play the ball off to somebody more qualified to do something with it, someone that could spot a pass, his game is all about being a terrier in the middle of the park and he was/is very good at it, good luck to the local lad !

Maybe we should have kept Hayden Hollis too then.

I remember us getting tonked 4-0 at Rogers lot. He was the only one to come and clap the Notts fans. I didn't see him do a lot more for us.
    Last edited by navypie; 06-01-2019 at 08:36 PM.

So he has been given a long contract by a club way above us and some on here still don't rate him.We have let too many players of his quality go, that's why we are in the position we are.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    We have let too many players of his quality go, that's why we are in the position we are.
    I don't think so. Nearly all the players we have let go have been poor, the problem is that we've replaced them with the same or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    So he has been given a long contract by a club way above us and some on here still don't rate him.We have let too many players of his quality go, that's why we are in the position we are.
    Correct, our Panel of well known Football
    Pundits & Experts have once again delivered their verdict.

Strange thing is you never find one of them sat behind the door marked First Teams Manager, which is strange.

Rated him when he was here. We miss him now he’s gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Correct, our Panel of well known Football
    Pundits & Experts have once again delivered their verdict.

Strange thing is you never find one of them sat behind the door marked First Teams Manager, which is strange.
    Clearly we need to brush up our Powerpoint presentation skills, learn which boxes to tick for the 8-way matrix, and produce an analysis that shows most of our goals conceded are due to allowing crosses into the box. (Fullarton, Kewell and Ardley in case you've not been paying attention).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast