+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Not only did we let Curtis go but also Collin and O'Connor, what would they bring to this team now?
    Those two would make up a solid, hardworking midfield - exactly what we need.

Instead, we ended up with Husin, Crawford, Patching, Vaughan, Davies, Milsom. I'd take O'Connor or Curtis over any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Where on Earth do people get the player's 'weekly wage' figures from? Are they guesswork or do they have a basis in info?
    I know some of their wages as I've been told by people who've seen their payslips. The David Vaughan £5k a week thing I have no idea but if we're paying half that it would be too much for someone his age who should probably be on an Alan Smith minimum wage contract at this point imo.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Not only did we let Curtis go but also Collin and O'Connor, what would they bring to this team now?
    O'Connor was offered a contract. he was out of contract he turned it down and decided to go to Lincoln because it's nearer his home.

O'Connor was a reasonable risk at the time too let's not forget, he was coming back from a big injury and had only made a couple of appearances in about a year

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    So many experts on this board.
    Their is MiG. What are your thoughts on Hardy’s running of the club again?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    O'Connor was offered a contract. he was out of contract he turned it down and decided to go to Lincoln because it's nearer his home.
    Wasn't he offered a 1 year contract and Lincoln offered 2 years.
    Nottingham and Lincoln ain't a million miles apart, especially in the life of a footballer, could understand something like London and Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Their is MiG. What are your thoughts on Hardy’s running of the club again?
    I think our current league position shows that quite clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I know some of their wages as I've been told by people who've seen their payslips. The David Vaughan £5k a week thing I have no idea but if we're paying half that it would be too much for someone his age who should probably be on an Alan Smith minimum wage contract at this point imo.
    How much is Turley on then Delroy?

I think our current league position shows that quite clearly.
    So it was a well run club for the whole of last season then?

How much is Turley on then Delroy?
    I said "some" in answer to people questioning how some fans seem to know all about players wages. Based on what others are earning, the fact he was out of work at that time and his career up until that point I don't think it takes a genius to work out that we're probably not breaking the bank for him though. (Although if Vaughan is on anywhere near 5k a week who knows?)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast