+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Thompson

Curtis Thompson

Well,Gareth Ainsworth's assessment of Curtis is a bit different than that of Kevin Nolan's.He's give him a 2 and a half years contract,says Curtis has the heart of a lion.Sorry not computer savvy,it's on Wycombes twittersite.

Quote Originally Posted by rachid1 View Post
    Well,Gareth Ainsworth's assessment of Curtis is a bit different than that of Kevin Nolan's.He's give him a 2 and a half years contract,says Curtis has the heart of a lion.Sorry not computer savvy,it's on Wycombes twittersite.
    Yes he has but with little end product, doesn't hurt teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    Yes he has but with little end product, doesn't hurt teams.
    He does, but just in a less obvious way. No manager would field Curtis with the expectation of goals and assists - that's not his game. He's all about breaking up play and providing a bit of bite and energy in the midfield. Exactly the type of player we need.

Probably have to agree to disagree Slack

Wanted him to be a real success being a local lad but never rated him.
    Pleased he has done well at Wycombe though.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He does, but just in a less obvious way. No manager would field Curtis with the expectation of goals and assists - that's not his game. He's all about breaking up play and providing a bit of bite and energy in the midfield. Exactly the type of player we need.
    Right now - I agree. He's got the energy to help stop the rot and plug the holes in our team.

However you wouldn't hope to get very far up the football pyramid with players like him. He's big on effort and heart but low, low on quality...

He can run all day, tackles and breaks up play. Every team needs a player like that. As long as you don't ask him to do something he plainly can't do he's an asset, even if it's just to come on as sub and protect a lead.

As it happens hes starting every game for them, their fans love him, glad he's done well for himself.

Always liked Curtis, missing two pre seasons running did for him here.

My assessment of Curtis Thompson is the same as Gareth Ainsworth's, and I expressed it on this board many times. He ran himself into the ground, tackled whenever he had the opportunity, had more ability than some on here gave him credit for and was at his best in central midfield. In fact, he's everything we've been missing so far this season. And he was one of our own. And we let him go for nothing.

In terms of proven judgement and achievement as a manager, Gareth Ainsworth knocks Kevin Nolan into a cocked hat, so I take his comments as vindication of the impression I had of Curtis ever since Derry pulled the masterstroke of moving him into centre-mid.

Our recruitment and retention policy in recent years has been like a handbook of what not to do.

His control wasn't great, his passing wasn't great and his shooting was awful, other than that he was alright, he'd run all day for you but if you have too many of that ilk in your team your midfield wont create anything, so it depends on the circumstance and who's alongside him. I thought Jordan Richards came in under Sheridan and looked like a better and younger version of Curtis that we should have stuck with but Nolan clearly just didn't rate that kind of midfielder.

Let’s not forget he only offered him a 6 month contract in the summer. I suspect they expected CT to be on the periphery of the squad, but injuries got CT in the side, and has put in the performances (apparently)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast