+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Curtis Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    After xmas the football was dire, He had ballsed up in the transfer window and we only won around 3 of our remaining games. He failed to see that the defence needed strengthening and that the midfield was too lightweight. These are some of the reasons why we are where we are this season.
    It wasn't the defence it was attackers (forwards or midfield) which were needed.

Goals conceded - up to 23 December
    First 23 games - 23
    Last 23 games - 25

Goals scored - up to 23 December
    First 23 games - 39
    Last 23 games - 32

As for wins - you say we won 'around 3' - we actually won 9

I've used 23 December as it makes it easy to compare (half the season). Even if you take it from after the transfer window closed it was 7 wins - pretty poor but more than twice your figure!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Wasting your breath there. The hate is strong in this one. I honestly don't understand why he comes on here.
    Try Hard Skinned With A Grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Wasting your breath there. The hate is strong in this one. I honestly don't understand why he comes on here.
    If some of the so-called supporters on here actually attended any matches, especially the away games of which i do to every game and witnessed some of the appalling dross served by his team then opinions of this great manager may not be as favourable.. Oh, and i dont hate the man thats not my nature, i just think he his a very poor manager and having travelled thousands of miles each season i think im entitled to an opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It wasn't the defence it was attackers (forwards or midfield) which were needed.

Goals conceded - up to 23 December
    First 23 games - 23
    Last 23 games - 25

Goals scored - up to 23 December
    First 23 games - 39
    Last 23 games - 32

As for wins - you say we won 'around 3' - we actually won 9

I've used 23 December as it makes it easy to compare (half the season). Even if you take it from after the transfer window closed it was 7 wins - pretty poor but more than twice your figure!
    It was 6 and of those there were only 2 away wins, and losing to the likes of Barnet & Chesterfield..

It was 6 and of those there were only 2 away wins, and losing to the likes of Barnet & Chesterfield..
    Crewe, Carlisle, Stevenage, Forest Green, Coventry, Colchester, Yeovil.

Even if it was 6 it's double your 3!

W7 D5 L5 = 26 points from 17 games. Wish we could get anywhere near this terrible time now!

Edit - From Wiki though I think it's correct
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 17-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.

If some of the so-called supporters on here actually attended any matches, especially the away games of which i do to every game and witnessed some of the appalling dross served by his team then opinions of this great manager may not be as favourable.. Oh, and i dont hate the man thats not my nature, i just think he his a very poor manager and having travelled thousands of miles each season i think im entitled to an opinion..
    I don't think anyone thinks he was a great manager but I do think most would think it stupid to sack him after the play offs.

Not addressed to you.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910