+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Wasn't he offered a 1 year contract and Lincoln offered 2 years.
    Nottingham and Lincoln ain't a million miles apart, especially in the life of a footballer, could understand something like London and Newcastle.
    He apparently literally lives around the corner from their training ground AND then you have the 1 year vs 2 year deal on top of that I'd imagine, which is funny because at the start of last season the Lincoln manager was complaining that we were able to throw money around and offer Terry Hawkridge two times what they were offering, which turned out to be us offering Terry 2 years and them offering him 1.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    So it was a well run club for the whole of last season then?
    Not really no...

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Not really no...
    It's been mismanaged for many years

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Not really no...
    So is league position an accurate reflection of how well a club is being run or not?

I'm astonished by the negativity around Curtis. He had heart, desire, loyalty and a winning mentality. He had given his heart and soul to this club yet after an unfortunate injury spell was cast aside like a piece of debris.He also had a rapport with the fans. We have ruined far too many promising youngsters .

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I'm astonished by the negativity around Curtis. He had heart, desire, loyalty and a winning mentality. He had given his heart and soul to this club yet after an unfortunate injury spell was cast aside like a piece of debris.He also had a rapport with the fans. We have ruined far too many promising youngsters .
    There's loads of criticism that we don't bring players through, but then when we do it seems some just want them to fail!

I can't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    We have ruined far too many promising youngsters .
    If there really are "far too many" we have ruined, please could you provide a list of the top ten - I'll even give you a start:

1. Curtis Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Not only did we let Curtis go but also Collin and O'Connor, what would they bring to this team now?
    We didn't let O'Connor go, he chose to go to Lincoln instead

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I said "some" in answer to people questioning how some fans seem to know all about players wages. Based on what others are earning, the fact he was out of work at that time and his career up until that point I don't think it takes a genius to work out that we're probably not breaking the bank for him though. (Although if Vaughan is on anywhere near 5k a week who knows?)
    Maybe 3k

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    There's loads of criticism that we don't bring players through, but then when we do it seems some just want them to fail!

I can't understand it.
    Mania. It's the normal apathy on here. There were plenty of youngsters who came through and played in the league above and did well, maybe it's the poor managers and coaches we've employed that didn't allow them to improve?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast