+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True motives of the owners. Oyston-esque.

True motives of the owners. Oyston-esque.

Buy players £200k-£700k, sell players £1,000,000-£5,000,00, pocket a fair chunk of the profits and repeat.

Lets face it, when this lot look at January 2017 their eyes will be flashing dollar signs.

Why else would they be here?

Our club is a cash cow to them, dont say I didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by DodworthRed View Post
    Buy players £200k-£700k, sell players £1,000,000-£5,000,00, pocket a fair chunk of the profits and repeat.

Lets face it, when this lot look at January 2017 their eyes will be flashing dollar signs.

Time will tell I guess but to be fair they had a great mentor and the offspring still holds a 20% stake .

Tha might be reight Doduth, tha might be wrong, we just dunt know what their intentions are do we as yet. Some feedback from GG wouldn't go amiss on this Potts sale. It's the least the fans deserve. Then again it's not like this club to keep schtum is it It's bin like this fo years and there's pretty much sod all we can do abart it bar speculate.

Personally I think too many are jumping the gun here but that's just my opinion. The hierarchy must read these message booards and realise there is unrest among the supporters. They should at least give us some reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tha might be reight Doduth, tha might be wrong, we just dunt know what their intentions are do we as yet. Some feedback from GG wouldn't go amiss on this Potts sale. It's the least the fans deserve. Then again it's not like this club to keep schtum is it It's bin like this fo years and there's pretty much sod all we can do abart it bar speculate.

Personally I think too many are jumping the gun here but that's just my opinion. The hierarchy must read these message booards and realise there is unrest among the supporters. They should at least give us some reasoning
    That's all I'm seeking pass , I don't want them out or anything like that .

Just more an understanding of where we stand as a club financially so that I can get an handle on the decisions made .

Barnsley folk as a rule will accept the decisions made just as long as we know why they are made .

For what it's worth in the real world I see this all the time since the demise of trade unions and accountability .

We can do what the hell we want so either lump it or move on .

When I say this goes deeper than the sale of Brad Potts it even goes deeper than January 2017 .

I never saw these feckers pre PL days in the 80's when we were struggling to get 5k through the turnstiles .

As far as I'm concerned a share in the BFC business only equates to the price of an ST or a match ticket .

At the end of the day there's 12k of us and 6 of them , now looking at it that way who do you think holds the aces ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Just more an understanding of where we stand as a club financially so that I can get an handle on the decisions made .

Barnsley folk as a rule will accept the decisions made just as long as we know why they are made .

For what it's worth in the real world I see this all the time since the demise of trade unions and accountability .

When I say this goes deeper than the sale of Brad Potts it even goes deeper than January 2017 .

I never saw these feckers pre PL days in the 80's when we were struggling to get 5k through the turnstiles .

As far as I'm concerned a share in the BFC business only equates to the price of an ST or a match ticket .

At the end of the day there's 12k of us and 6 of them , now looking at it that way who do you think holds the aces ?

Talking about football in general here(our club included) Av felt fans ev bin tekken for granted for a long time now, the steady inflation of ticket prices and rip off prices of replica shirts and merchandise etc yet people still continue to pay it. The fact that theres been a 1000% increase in ticket prices over the last 25years yet crowds keep on increasing backs up my point that the people in charge of football clubs are almost given licence to do what the hell they like without any repercussions. They prey on peoples loyalties and love for the game, its no wonder they don't feel accountable. That's why I feel they hold all the aces.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Unfortunately, they do. If it’s their will they could shut the big red doors, not open them next season and sell the land to build a Supermarket on. Nothing the 12000 could do to stop them. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Unfortunately, they do. If it’s their will they could shut the big red doors, not open them next season and sell the land to build a Supermarket on. Nothing the 12000 could do to stop them. Nothing.
    You seriously believe 132 years of history can be wiped out by six feckers from abroad just like that ?

I think not .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    They’d have to buy the land themselves first, all they own is a football club isn’t it

Quote Originally Posted by DodworthRed View Post

Have you only just realised this

Nearly all football clubs lose money and are kept afloat by the largesse of their owners. The revenue stream from supporters isn't nearly enough to cover costs at most clubs..

Barnsley are generally no exception to the rule. The last set of accounts that I looked at showed that Patrick Cryne was owed around £9m that he had given in the form of soft loans.

Barnsley had a bit of luck in the transfer market for a couple of years and it may be that Cryne got his money back and possibly even made a profit from his involvement in the club. If he did, that was very unusual.

I don't know why your new owners got involved, but I can't believe that it was to make money. It is highly unlikely that they will and the sums involved (taking Potts as an example) are peanuts to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast