+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Liverpool FA Cup 3rd Round Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    We’ve got Neves... 2-1
    Unstoppable! Need another to seal it though.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Unstoppable! Need another to seal it though.
    I’d settle for us keeping some possession at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I’d settle for us keeping some possession at the moment.
    You and me both!!

The headlines, I suspect will all be about the fact that Liverpool had made nine changes to their team, and that they were not placing the cup as one of their priorities. Having said that, Keita, Shaqiri and Fabinho cost more than the entire Wolves starting eleven. They have a big Premier League squad and therefore they should all be capable of playing at the higher level.

Having just sat and watched the game again, I hadn't realised how average the first half was. Live at the game it certainly did not. Good to see jota back and looking sharp, his nicking the ball of the very experienced Milner set up Jimenez for his well taken goal, and it was no surprise that he was replaced on the hour by Cavaleiro. A good run out before Man City. Leander Dendoncker slotted in to the midfield really well and showed a vocal home crowd that he can play. It gives Nuno another option in midfield.

How lucky are we to have obtained a player like Joao Moutinho, he has a superb football brain and makes the game look so simple. A few seasons ago a player of his ability would have been out of the question. Nevis looks to be getting back to his best and his goal was another reminder of just what this 21 year old can do. He was superb all evening and if Shaqiri had his work ethic what a player he would be.

After such a poor first half you just new that the Reds were going to come out and play better and it did not tale long for a possible Wolves target Origi, to hit a great shot to equal the score. That said we were well in control at this stage and always looked capable of getting a third. Vinagre was having a field day on the left, showing great ball skills and excellent crossing ability, while JonnyOtto was rampaging down the right wing, before being replaced by Doherty late in the game.

As usual the back three provided a barrier that the visitors found difficult to break down, their goal coming from their first shot on target. Klopp brought on his two big guns in Salah and Firmino in a desperate attempt to save face, soon after Shaqiri had had a stunning free kick tipped on to the post by Ruddy. Patricio, a spectator would have been proud of the save. Ruddy is really too good to be sat on the bench, but it is a relief that we have understudy's of that ability.

Liverpool pressed for the equaliser, but we played out the three minutes of injury time without too many problems.. It was strange that I found myself more nervous watching the game this morning, that I did at the stadium last night.

The last word on the pre match entertainment, the light show and fireworks create a superb atmosphere and the Chinese love their fireworks.

We have a chance, if Nuno choses to go for it, to have a good run in the cup with several Premiership sides already out. Shrewsbury or Stoke stand in our way.

In the end it is all down to money of course. Will the people who make the decisions see a possible Europa league place more lucrative than a possible run to Wembley in the cup or vice versa?

Changes or no changes, it's always good getting a win against one of the so called 'big clubs. Wolves again started the game as they have done many times this season, slowly. But credit to Jota and Jiminez for the opening goal. All three goals, the two Wolves, and the Liverpool goal were well taken. Both created problems for Liverpool as Wolves attacked.

It was actually good to see different faces in the crowd from the usual season ticket holders, right next to me was a gentleman who had his daughter with him, visiting Molineux for the first time. They both thoroughly enjoyed the game and will definately be back again. The only downside is the demand for tickets for league games.

Back to the game itself, as well as the Ruddy save from Shaqiri, i was also impressed with the contribution of Vinagre down the Wolves left hand side. His confidence grew with every Wolves attack. He has a big future ahead of him.

I'm looking forward to seeing who we get in the next round once the Shrewsbury/Stoke tie has been decided.

Enjoy again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)