+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One rule for them... another for us.

One rule for them... another for us.

So the SFA think the best form of defence is attack and defection. Beaton gets a few nasty texts after his outrageous performance at the OF game and the Sh1t hits the fan. But it still leaves the question How do non OF fans/clubs query the (at best total inconsistencies) more like cheating and corruption. There has been many examples of this over the years. But the most recent being our own Scott McKenna. The same compliance officer Clare Whyte giving him a two game ban after the ref Madden said he SAW the incident and deemed it fair. And then there's Moreles !!! a Sevco player. This Sh1te cant be allowed to continue.

Burn the whole f*cking lot to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Burn the whole f*cking lot to the ground.
    Sadly endemic through most fitba associations, thankfully not all, however they are in a minority, self preservation and nepotism galore....I f ucking hate liars/snitches and nearly walked away from fitba last season because of this, however you have to give something back.......by that I don’t mean crimplene trousers/blazer and a long coat....anyway, our club has had a d1ldo shoved up its @rse far too often.....Wiggy seems to like it though, hopefully Cormack will be made of sterner stuff.

SF

They keep talking about this 'independent panel' of former referees that they have to review incidents. Would it be beyond them to have a completely independent panel with (ex)referees from neutral countries? (eg 1 German, 1 Italian, 1 Dutch) Then let them review the games separately and highlight anything that they perceive that the officials on the day have missed and what their recommendation would be, eg yellow card/red card. Where the reports come back and two or more say the same thing then the compliance officer deals with this appropriately.

One thing that is obvious to me is that VAR is required. I wouldn't have it in its current format, and would bring in some form of challenge system that captains/managers can use, similar to that used in hockey. And the VAR referee would most certainly have to be from outwith Scotland to ensure neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    They keep talking about this 'independent panel' of former referees that they have to review incidents. Would it be beyond them to have a completely independent panel with (ex)referees from neutral countries? (eg 1 German, 1 Italian, 1 Dutch) Then let them review the games separately and highlight anything that they perceive that the officials on the day have missed and what their recommendation would be, eg yellow card/red card. Where the reports come back and two or more say the same thing then the compliance officer deals with this appropriately.

One thing that is obvious to me is that VAR is required. I wouldn't have it in its current format, and would bring in some form of challenge system that captains/managers can use, similar to that used in hockey. And the VAR referee would most certainly have to be from outwith Scotland to ensure neutrality.
    There's no point in VAR in Scotland under the current regime.
    It would need to be fully looking at it from a neutral perspective.
    Sadly we don't have that neutrality that we all crave.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There's no point in VAR in Scotland under the current regime.
    It would need to be fully looking at it from a neutral perspective.
    Sadly we don't have that neutrality that we all crave.
    That is spot on.

Just bear in mind our Chairman had the chance to start changing things with the voting structure...he did phuck all, he is part of the problem.

There is absolutely no recourse for clubs to challenge an overtly biased and dare I say corrupt SFA. The massive contradiction between Moreles and McKenna is so obvious a blind man could see it. No other country/league would put up with this ..why do we ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Sadly endemic through most fitba associations, thankfully not all, however they are in a minority, self preservation and nepotism galore....I f ucking hate liars/snitches and nearly walked away from fitba last season because of this, however you have to give something back.......by that I don’t mean crimplene trousers/blazer and a long coat....anyway, our club has had a d1ldo shoved up its @rse far too often.....Wiggy seems to like it though, hopefully Cormack will be made of sterner stuff.

SF
    What made you nearly chuck it lad?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    That is spot on.

Just bear in mind our Chairman had the chance to start changing things with the voting structure...he did phuck all, he is part of the problem.
    Correct, clubs like ours, and especially the fans, allowed this state of affairs to happen.

If we’d all stood up to the way the SFA wilfully and cynically let the scum off with their cheating - like we did when they tried to get them shoehorned into the top tier with the mass fan ST stand off - we’d not be in this mess.

The Alford neep and most chairman are perfectly happy with the way things are going - normal service being rapidly resumed - the “statements” are just playing to the gallery.

The SFA also now know they can get away with pretty much anything now and folk will suck it up.

You reap what you sow. Moaning about it now is at least 18 months / 2 years too late I’m afraid.