+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential Get Out Of Jail Free Card?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I would rather we got relegated than another club fold.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    What even if that club has been cheating to be in the position it is? Personally if you live well above your means then if it all come crashing down that's their fault. Harsh I know but that's what would happen to my business and ****s would be given by anyone else I'm sure.

However they'll be plenty of interest in taking Bolton on so we need to concentrate on finishing 22nd or above
    Sounds familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Sounds familiar!
    apart from the bit about "plenty of interest"!!

What even if that club has been cheating to be in the position it is? Personally if you live well above your means then if it all come crashing down that's their fault. Harsh I know but that's what would happen to my business and ****s would be given by anyone else I'm sure.
    This is true, although for the fans' sake I hope it doesn't happen to Bolton.

We've tried the "living beyond our means" approach, still haven't made much progress and ultimately ended up in a lot of trouble. Fortunately, we've escaped liquidation twice in recent history thanks to new owners arriving with the resources to manage the debt, but instead of learning the lessons there are actually some supporters who think this is the "new" way to run a football club i.e. spend at will, go into administration to clear your debts and then do the same thing again. It can't continue, morally or legally.

Football as a whole is awash with money and yet many clubs are still in mountains of debt, through sheer greed and mismanagement. Fans should be urging their clubs to spend responsibly, but in many cases they cheer on the more reckless owners and then plead for pity when the chickens (or debts, to be precise) come home to roost.
    Last edited by jackal2; 07-01-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It seems that Bolton are in massive doo doo. Forest Green Chairman has just said the Bolton Chairman doesn't care about the club being wound up (I don't think Bolton have paid for the player they bought of FGR). If Bolton go to the wall, might be just one relegation place to fight over?
    They didn't buy him they took him on loan first but possibly buy him after the loan according to Sky

What even if that club has been cheating to be in the position it is? Personally if you live well above your means then if it all come crashing down that's their fault.
    There were plenty of people outside Nottingham who felt that we cheated our way to promotion, during the Munto Scam season.

Plenty of those people thought we should have been dealt a hefty points deduction - or even relegated for cheating.

So I would not be comfortable with staying up by default i.e. at Bolton's expense. They have a great history and IMO their demise would be a huge loss to English football.

Our fate is still in our own hands so let's keep it that way and beat the drop....

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    There were plenty of people outside Nottingham who felt that we cheated our way to promotion, during the Munto Scam season.
    They were right!

As a fan I thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations, but there's absolutely no doubt that we lived far beyond our means to assemble that squad, and but for Ray Trew bailing us out, we could have gone out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Sounds familiar!
    It does and we were lucky, very lucky.

I sincerely hope Bolton do survive and I would hate us to benefit from any demise that may befall them.

I believe in Neal Ardley, and provided our chairman supports him 100% and let's him do his job, then I remain confident
    We will remain in the Football League in 2019/20.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post

Plenty of those people thought we should have been dealt a hefty points deduction - or even relegated for cheating.
    Although we finished the season within FFP I believe hense no points deduction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast