+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential Get Out Of Jail Free Card?

Potential Get Out Of Jail Free Card?

It seems that Bolton are in massive doo doo. Forest Green Chairman has just said the Bolton Chairman doesn't care about the club being wound up (I don't think Bolton have paid for the player they bought of FGR). If Bolton go to the wall, might be just one relegation place to fight over?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It seems that Bolton are in massive doo doo. Forest Green Chairman has just said the Bolton Chairman doesn't care about the club being wound up (I don't think Bolton have paid for the player they bought of FGR). If Bolton go to the wall, might be just one relegation place to fight over?
    That would be clutching at straws, and very risky. I'd like to see us stay up on merit. Think our get out of jail free is Ardley, just needs a bit of time. Performances are definately getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    That would be clutching at straws, and very risky. I'd like to see us stay up on merit. Think our get out of jail free is Ardley, just needs a bit of time. Performances are definately getting better.
    Agree with you 100% but would certainly make it a little bit easier (horrible as it is to hope another club dues for ours to stay in the league!)

Agree with you 100% but would certainly make it a little bit easier (horrible as it is to hope another club dues for ours to stay in the league!)
    Very unlikely, firstly they would go into administration which may well mean they drop a division. They have a long and traditional history so it would be likely they would be snapped up by foreign investors on the cheap, who would then either try to asset strip them or invest in trying to get them up again over the next few years, so no chance of Notts benefitting from that, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Very unlikely, firstly they would go into administration which may well mean they drop a division. They have a long and traditional history so it would be likely they would be snapped up by foreign investors on the cheap, who would then either try to asset strip them or invest in trying to get them up again over the next few years, so no chance of Notts benefitting from that, thankfully.
    They're in debt £25m and the administrators have to have the funding (and will to fund) as a going concern. The laws changed which means unless they already have someone lined up, it more likely that a club will liquidate rather than go into administration now

I would rather we got relegated than another club fold.

They're in debt £25m and the administrators have to have the funding (and will to fund) as a going concern. The laws changed which means unless they already have someone lined up, it more likely that a club will liquidate rather than go into administration now
    It would be absolutely shocking for a big, traditional club like Bolton to actually disappear. Unthinkable, even. Surely someone, somewhere will step in?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Couldn't agree more, benefiting at the expense of another club losing their existence really doesn't sit well, whoever it is. If we go down it's because we were just not good enough and deserved to, simple as that really.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Couldn't agree more, benefiting at the expense of another club losing their existence really doesn't sit well, whoever it is. If we go down it's because we were just not good enough and deserved to, simple as that really.

This, we got ourselves into this mess. If we're gonna get out of it, much better to do it under our own steam.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    What even if that club has been cheating to be in the position it is? Personally if you live well above your means then if it all come crashing down that's their fault. Harsh I know but that's what would happen to my business and ****s would be given by anyone else I'm sure.

However they'll be plenty of interest in taking Bolton on so we need to concentrate on finishing 22nd or above

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast