+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for TS to show us his ambititions for the club.

Time for TS to show us his ambititions for the club.

Warney has done a tremendous job with his hands tied.We have not spent a penny yet and the near seven million pounds each Championship club received, is being spent by our rivals below us in the table.The Ipswich game is a massive fixture and we must make every effort to bring in players to strengthen us this week, as Ipswich are already doing.Rodak,Ajayi,Robertson,Vaulks,Williams,Smith and the very promising Wiles are more than capable at this level BUT we need that little bit extra!! A right back,central midfielder,a quick striker and a quick wide player.The recruitment director surely has a list of players we should be going for..IF NOT,WHY NOT, what's the point of having him?We have some cash to spend.Money spent wisely will preserve our status and next year the rewards are much greater.

Warney says he has identified two players he wants to bring in and has interviewed them.They seem to be happy to come here, so who is stopping these signings?This Saturday is a very important match for us and these players need to get in to training with the squad.NOT turning up on Saturday morning and straight in, without knowing any of their team mates.Why are we always last to bring players in?It makes Warney look a fool.Ipswich aren't holding back,they are recruiting!!!!!

With three promotions and so far four seasons of Championship football under his leadership, some might argue that he has shown his colours bright and clear. I get what you're saying but that little bit extra backing still does not guarantee our status at this level. Look at the three teams below us as an example. All have much bigger budgets and spend a lot more on players than we do. One of them looks to be heading towards administration and/or another transfer embargo because they have spent far more money than they have got. I don't want us to be relegated but I also don't want to see us back in the dark days with administrations and deductions.
    I'd take a slight improvement to what we already have then if it's enough to keep us up, great. If we go down then we once again have enough quality for another promotion challenge.

I'd love it if we could buy the kind if players that would lift us up this division but they re out of our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    With three promotions and so far four seasons of Championship football under his leadership, some might argue that he has shown his colours bright and clear. I get what you're saying but that little bit extra backing still does not guarantee our status at this level. Look at the three teams below us as an example. All have much bigger budgets and spend a lot more on players than we do. One of them looks to be heading towards administration and/or another transfer embargo because they have spent far more money than they have got. I don't want us to be relegated but I also don't want to see us back in the dark days with administrations and deductions.
    I'd take a slight improvement to what we already have then if it's enough to keep us up, great. If we go down then we once again have enough quality for another promotion challenge.

I'd love it if we could buy the kind if players that would lift us up this division but they re out of our price range.
    I can't see where MillerBill is suggesting we spend beyond our means and risk financial meltdown.
    He is saying we need to spend wisely and strengthen the team in specific areas. He is also saying that this needs to be done quickly........and I think he's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post

I agree with a lot of your post Hazza, but I was drawn to your last paragraph where you state that the quality players are out of our price range. Having looked at the financial health reports on the championship clubs I would argue such players are obviously out of their price range too. The difference is, we seem to acknowledge and respect what is affordable some/most clubs dont appear to give a flying!! For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not wanting us to follow suit, its just an observation. We do seem to be playing by a different protocol to the rest.

TS,must not care what division we are in,the thing is,if we were to go down,we know full well he will provide the budget to have a crack of getting straight back up,it does seem barmy,that once you get there,all the stops should be pulled out,to try and maintain our Championship status,but who are we to try and reason why,its the Chairman's money,and he will spend it where he sees fit,frustrating for us fans i know.

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    TS,must not care what division we are in,the thing is,if we were to go down,we know full well he will provide the budget to have a crack of getting straight back up,it does seem barmy,that once you get there,all the stops should be pulled out,to try and maintain our Championship status,but who are we to try and reason why,its the Chairman's money,and he will spend it where he sees fit,frustrating for us fans i know.
    but there no gusrentees we will get promotion if we get relegated.

also the tv money etc is a lot better in the championship

Every transfer time we get these threads.

I’m glad you all know the clubs business, how come my ears weren’t invited on the office wall?

Why don’t the Rotherham public back the club.
    Maybe TS looks at us not selling out the home end and thinks it’s not worth the financial risk?

These threads are based on no concrete information just guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Why don’t the Rotherham public back the club.
    Maybe TS looks at us not selling out the home end and thinks it’s not worth the financial risk?

These threads are based on no concrete information just guess work.
    So we have made the signings have we?Back of office, we seem to have no plan at all on the way this club should be run.It doesn/t seem to have changed much from the Booth days.Let's be more positive and back this manager, who is probably the best we've ever had.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast