+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. Namecallers be very careful what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Very dodgy ground there and both subjective and unprovable.
    Is it? The following is the result of 2 mins on Google. I'm sure there's more where that came from.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emain-pollster

https://www.researchgate.net/blog/po...r-or-education

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh boo hoo.
    Yes the poor little mite has worked his socks off. Clings to the tails of the working class, whilst having been McDonnell's tea boy.
    Nearest he's had to danger and strife, was when his biro ran out and he walked into a working mans club by mistake.
    But I wouldn't get that, cos "I'm not a gay you see "
    Do you realise that you telegraph your own bigoted views every time you post something?

As far as I can see, you dislike Owen Jones because he is gay and middle class. It can't be because he criticises those with other views, because that's exactly what you do yourself. Or is it OK when you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Is it? The following is the result of 2 mins on Google. I'm sure there's more where that came from.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emain-pollster

https://www.researchgate.net/blog/po...r-or-education
    I'm sure that you could find many 'polls' to support your opinion. Most polls are merely lobbying tools to support an agenda in order to influence the way something is perceived and they are consequently manipulated to that end. They actually prove nothing, other than the gullibility of those who give them credence.

Do you realise that you telegraph your own bigoted views every time you post something?

As far as I can see, you dislike Owen Jones because he is gay and middle class. It can't be because he criticises those with other views, because that's exactly what you do yourself. Or is it OK when you do it?
    Can't say I'm a fan of Owen Jones, but what I find amusing is that Tricky despises Jones but worships Nigel Farage! When did that "poor little mite ever work his socks off"? He couldn't even be bothered to get off his lazy arse and vote on EU issues, but he is quite happy to retire on his big fat EU pension!

Most polls are merely lobbying tools to support an agenda in order to influence the way something is perceived and they are consequently manipulated to that end. They actually prove nothing, other than the gullibility of those who give them credence.
    I agree. There was a poll a couple of years back when a proportion of the 51.9% who voted for it were gullible enough to believe that the NHS would be £350 million per week better off!

I'm sure that you could find many 'polls' to support your opinion. Most polls are merely lobbying tools to support an agenda in order to influence the way something is perceived and they are consequently manipulated to that end. They actually prove nothing, other than the gullibility of those who give them credence.
    And Tony is something of an authority on gullibility, so take it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    And Tony is something of an authority on gullibility, so take it from him.
    You and me both driller.

So where are the polls showing that Leave voters are generally better educated and less xenophobic than Remain voters?

The connection between education and voting persuasion has been covered by numerous polls. Not one found that Leave voters were better educated.

The link between xenophobia and voting persuasion seems even clearer, even without the need for polls. If you were xenophobic, would you vote to stay in an international political union that allows freedom of movement, or leave? I mean it's just common sense.

Again, I'm not saying that all Leave voters are uneducated and xenophobic, but rather that they they are more likely to be uneducated and xenophobic than Remain voters. Anyone who thinks the opposite has a poor grasp on reality.

You and me both driller.
    No you're in a league of your own.

So where are the polls showing that Leave voters are generally better educated and less xenophobic than Remain voters?

The connection between education and voting persuasion has been covered by numerous polls. Not one found that Leave voters were better educated.

The link between xenophobia and voting persuasion seems even clearer, even without the need for polls. If you were xenophobic, would you vote to stay in an international political union that allows freedom of movement, or leave? I mean it's just common sense.

Again, I'm not saying that all Leave voters are uneducated and xenophobic, but rather that they they are more likely to be uneducated and xenophobic than Remain voters. Anyone who thinks the opposite has a poor grasp on reality.
    Urban-dictionary
    “Oh those conservatives really show their xenophobia opposing open immigration. That shows what closed minds they have and how paranoid they are. Of course we had to shout down a conservative speaker last night at the lecture series and drive him off campus in order to promote diversity and pluralism. We would never be prejudiced as those conservatives are”.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast