+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. Namecallers be very careful what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I've a question for you, Tricky. Why is that when someone gets offended by something you say, they are a snowflake, but when you get offended by something someone else says, you aren't a snowflake?

I see this snowflake insult thrown around constantly by Leave voters, right-wingers, and alt-right kids when anyone disagrees with their views, like you guys never take offence yourself, or never moan and complain about things you don't like. It's an easy way to shutdown rational debate, and shows a complete lack of self-awareness.
    Easy, because snow flakes are offended by the smallest of things and melt immediately.
    My example to you is a classic one.
    Cameron rewords it as disturbing the peace, but it a disguised veiled attempt to suggest war.
    So the soft idealists are horrified at "war" and won't accept the obvious.

This soft attitude offends me alright. Stop dressing something up in shiny glitter and ribbons, in case you offend someone. Say what you mean in the details it deserves.

I can throw that one right back at you here, as we see time and again.
    Mention immigration then you're a bigot/racist/xenophobe/isolationist. No debate, it's hurled immediately in order to shut someone down. We've seen it in the Brexit discussions on TV and we've seen it in things like the muslim rape gangs.
    When the Police and social services were terrified to act.
    The German/Swedish governments have a black belt in it.

Well I've told you, it's wearing very thin now and folks aren't intimidated anymore.
    So rational debate is fine provided you supply a level playing field. The left/liberal screamers have been destroying that for years.
    It's over.

You know something is wrong when Tricky is holding court on the subtleties of the English language.

I always thought that "let's"was a first person plural imperative and "shall we" was for first person plural suggestions.

Next team I see a captain shouting "come on boys let's go" in the tunnel before a game I'll pay close attention to see if they then actually stay in the tunnel without going to play as it was 'just an idea'.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh for goodness sake.

He was implying, that leaving the EU would compromise "peace and stability". In lay mans terms, that's fighting for snowflakes.
    He then played mind games, by asking if the risk was worth it?
    The EU itself claims as regular as clockwork, that it is responsible for European peace. Not once does it acknowledge NATO.
    Actually I'd say his point was that the downfall of the EU COULD compromise peace and stability, rather than that it WOULD, which is quite a big difference.

When you call somebody asking a question 'mind games' it doesn't really help support your point, just underlines the almost religious fervour with which you hate the EU and anything or anyone connected with it.

If we take conflict in Europe to mean France and Germany fighting over natural resources in Alsace-Lorraine and Saarland, then yes the creation of the EU did far more to end it than NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I've a question for you, Tricky. Why is that when someone gets offended by something you say, they are a snowflake, but when you get offended by something someone else says, you aren't a snowflake?

I see this snowflake insult thrown around constantly by Leave voters, right-wingers, and alt-right kids when anyone disagrees with their views, like you guys never take offence yourself, or never moan and complain about things you don't like. It's an easy way to shutdown rational debate, and shows a complete lack of self-awareness.
    In the same way that " Remainers" trot out xenophobe, racist, Fascist, uneducated Little Englander, ad nauseam .

Black pots, and kettles abound.

Easy, because snow flakes are offended by the smallest of things and melt immediately.
    Cameron rewords it as disturbing the peace, but it a disguised veiled attempt to suggest war.
    IF that's how you interpret it, you seem a perfect example of a snowflake!

Mention immigration then you're a bigot/racist/xenophobe/isolationist.
    In your case, I'd say that's more down to the links to white supremacist websites you post on here.

So the soft idealists are horrified at "war" and won't accept the obvious.

This soft attitude offends me alright. Stop dressing something up in shiny glitter and ribbons, in case you offend someone. Say what you mean in the details it deserves.

I can throw that one right back at you here, as we see time and again.
    Mention immigration then you're a bigot/racist/xenophobe/isolationist. No debate, it's hurled immediately in order to shut someone down. We've seen it in the Brexit discussions on TV and we've seen it in things like the muslim rape gangs.
    When the Police and social services were terrified to act.
    The German/Swedish governments have a black belt in it.

Well I've told you, it's wearing very thin now and folks aren't intimidated anymore.
    So rational debate is fine provided you supply a level playing field. The left/liberal screamers have been destroying that for years.
    It's over.
    Ahah you post a link to a white supremacist site on NCM, you write on NCM about protecting white British blood lines to keep them pure, and people call you a racist. Bloody PC nutters.

Actually Tricky I am only joking with you, I think sensible discussion of immigration has been stifled from the Blair era onwards, but Slack_pie makes a good point: we saw yesterday that a lot of people got quite offended by the generalisation that Leavers on average are more likely to be less educated, despite the fact it was based on fairly solid research, whereas as a Remainer I regularly get called a traitor, quisling, moaner, sore loser, and I could go on.

It is slightly annoying, can you explain the double standards? It seems like you feel you are fighting some kind of just war for freedom of expression, whereas from the outside it looks like you're just lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    In the same way that " Remainers" trot out xenophobe, racist, Fascist, uneducated Little Englander, ad nauseam .

Black pots, and kettles abound.
    Do you mean on here or on the Internet in general?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I look at that page and see the ramblings of an angry, paranoid man.

Other people look at it and see a trustworthy source of information.

You pay your money and take your choice I suppose.

Could people please get the term 'bandied about' right. It's bad enough reading these interminable OT threads without having to read fans of a former bandy club getting it wrong

It's not 'banded', 'branded' or 'bandled'. Thank you.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast