+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. Namecallers be very careful what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    No. Where did I suggest that?

A poster towards the start of the thread commented om Soubry calling Leave voters uneducated and xenophobic. I was merely pointing out that while not all Leave voters are those things, they are more likely to be those things than Remain voters, as backed up by research. Feel free to jump to conclusions though.
    OK you've partially answered what I asked, and you personally don't want people cognitively tested prior to voting, but then why do individuals like yourself with your perspective on the outcome of the referendum keep talking about educational attainment. There actually seems no logic to it unless in future votes this is to be taken into account, unless there is another underlying factor I can think of. Please educate me.

Of course, when talking about the subject in a broader sense, there is much more to a person's education than their qualifications, but that's an entirely different matter. The point is the link between formal education and voting persuasion.
    Which can be explained by the political bias which governs these establishments and is espoused on their curricula.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What % of the 17+ million do you know then?
    All you ever post on these threads are pedantic objections to pro Remain posters while letting the most absurd pro Leave posts pass unchallenged. What's the point?

Of course he doesn't know all 17 million but he's quoting numerous polls which all say the same thing and regarding education and while there are no surveys explicitly regarding xenophobia there is such a thing as anecdotal evidence. How many pro-remain posters on here could arguably be defined as xenophobic, and how many Leave posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I don’t like her or her politics and accept that in her position she should be able to deal with this.
    However having just heard the abuse she and the reporter got when off air is a different matter. Being threatened with a promise of shoving EU flag poles into any orifice never mind the more personal ones really isn’t on.
    Exactly. How many of you, Tricky etc etc feel that the abuse was ok, and how many feel that it was out of order?

So many points of view on here, but one who hit the nail on the head is Sid:

'I truly fear that this referendum has created a schism in the UK which will last for a very long time. Not because of the referendum but because of the way people are responding to its outcome'.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Not people Sid. It's the undemocratic minority who cannot accept the referendum result. If remain had won we would have accepted the result and got on with it just like we do when Labour get in.
    Like Farage you mean? 'If it's 52 - 48 it will far from finished business'

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    OK you've partially answered what I asked, and you personally don't want people cognitively tested prior to voting, but then why do individuals like yourself with your perspective on the outcome of the referendum keep talking about educational attainment. There actually seems no logic to it unless in future votes this is to be taken into account, unless there is another underlying factor I can think of. Please educate me.
    I don't keep talking about educational attainment, and I'm not sure what you mean by 'individuals like yourself.'

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    All you ever post on these threads are pedantic objections to pro Remain posters while letting the most absurd pro Leave posts pass unchallenged.
    You'll find that i961pie particularly dislikes any mention of the "NHS £350 million a week" bus poster. He knows full well that it was designed to sway gullible and stupid people, but he always counters it by saying "it wasn't a promise" or "what about World War III threats?".
    He'll never say a word against it.

I don't keep talking about educational attainment, and I'm not sure what you mean by 'individuals like yourself.'
    Ok I'll leave you be. To be honest I regret putting the thread up looking at how its developed. One thing is quite clear its becoming pointless posting threads on this topic as opinions are so entrenched. Wir werden sehen.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Like Farage you mean? 'If it's 52 - 48 it will far from finished business'
    The undemocratic minority being the 33% or so that voted leave? It's accepted wisdom that those wanting change are far more motivated to vote than those wanting the status quo. Remember all those people the morning after the result who freely admitted they'd made a protest vote against the government and would never have voted leave if they'd believed leave would ever win?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-01-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Ok I'll leave you be. To be honest I regret putting the thread up looking at how its developed. One thing is quite clear its becoming pointless posting threads on this topic as opinions are so entrenched. Wir werden sehen.
    Haha same here. There's no changing people's minds at this point. As Sid pointed out earlier, Brexit has unleashed something that cannot be put back in the bottle. We're a divided nation now, no matter what happens. Take a bow, David Cameron.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast