+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giles Barnes

Giles Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post

For f uck sake - it gets worse!!! Even Mears may look like Ronaldo in comparison!

Any chance of Big John Hartson getting his boots out again!

PS - lets hope we get Barnet in the cup draw tonight as we could beat them

We have had quite a few players training with us this season to keep fit, it doesn't mean we are going to sign them I think it's his agent trying to drum up some interest to get him a contract somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    We have had quite a few players training with us this season to keep fit, it doesn't mean we are going to sign them I think it's his agent trying to drum up some interest to get him a contract somewhere

That's very well but training with us still comes at a cost! Perhaps it's to motivate tired old legs in our camp that they are not in the knackers yard yet, when they see the likes of Mears and Barnes.

Perhaps, I should give Big Dave a call as even now, I could run as fast as a few of our squad, and can't be that much worse than the likes of Barnes. Forest Green Rovers is on a par with most MLS teams as watched enough of it myself!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I have to say I try to look on these things in a positive light but really struggling to see where the positives are with this one.

Just on Saturday we gave opportunities to younger players and let’s keep pushing that door open not blocking their route by player 30+ players at the end of their (usually low level) careers.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That's very well but training with us still comes at a cost! Perhaps it's to motivate tired old legs in our camp that they are not in the knackers yard yet, when they see the likes of Mears and Barnes.

Perhaps, I should give Big Dave a call as even now, I could run as fast as a few of our squad, and can't be that much worse than the likes of Barnes. Forest Green Rovers is on a par with most MLS teams as watched enough of it myself!
    What is the cost a competitive training session with experienced players, having enough players to train with also allows us to loan out our fringe players to play competive games and gain valuable experience which will benefit us as a club in the end, I really don't see the problem at all I'm not a fan of Jenkins but one thing he did say in his statement was don't believe some of the rumours that will be printed this month because they won't be true.

What is the point? A thirty year old who didn't 'set the world on fire' when he was with us last time. Let's just hope he is just training with us otherwise, I just give up!

Bas tard joke

LAI OUT!

LAI OUT!

LAI OUT!

Nothing to do with this post but after match against Wigan had a photo with Sam Field great lad said I was from aus wished him all the best

Quote Originally Posted by astle71 View Post
    Nothing to do with this post but after match against Wigan had a photo with Sam Field great lad said I was from aus wished him all the best
    Where in Aus mate?

I’m in Sydney this week at the Harbour Rocks Hotel.

Lovely city and nice locals so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)