+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is that screaming high pitched female football commentator covering the FA Cup?

Who is that screaming high pitched female football commentator covering the FA Cup?

The one who covered the Sheff Utd v Barnet game. Her voice completely irritates and goes through me.

Even the good lady said her voice is so not suitable to commentate on anything, such was her deliverance of high pitched
    screeching etc.

There was a classic from the commentator in the first half of the Wolves Liverpool match.......
    What a great signing Shakiri is......
    No 5h1t Sherlock

He's been one of the standout players in recent world and euro tournaments.
    I suspect Klopps efforts went something like this...
    klopp. I want shakiri
    Liverpool. Ok we,ll pay what it takes
    klopp. Hello shakiri welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The one who covered the Sheff Utd v Barnet game. Her voice completely irritates and goes through me.

Even the good lady said her voice is so not suitable to commentate on anything, such was her deliverance of high pitched
    screeching etc.
    Might be the same one who commentated on one of the Saturday games, can't remember which one though. Horrible to listen to and trying too hard to sound like a traditional male commentator, way too hard, to the point where it might as well be a male commentator. And even if it was a male commentator, I still would find that voice and delivery very irritating.

Turn the sound off its not compulsory to listen to all the tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

screeching etc.
    Totally agree mate. She is truly awful. Not only does it not sound right she is more exaggerated than even Motson was. She has been creeping onto the last game on Match of the Day, but recently I have noticed she has started to do the 2nd to last or 3rd to last. So its obvious what is going on. Introduce her slowly and move her up the schedule.

I don't know why the BBC are doing this, well I can guess actually. I don't mind Gabby presenting MOTD she is great, and don't mind Alex Scott as a pundit as well, but not the commentary please.

Ohh and she did a game in the world cup as well. I suddenly thought I wonder if I can get it in Welsh on the red button. That is how bad she is, I was actually thinking there might be another language I can listen to and still get the crowd noise. Fortunately there was the 5 live commentary on the red button so had that. I wonder how many others did the same as me.
    Last edited by JohnLeedsMiller; 08-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Men are better at some things than women and vice versa, something that feminists will never admit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    Totally agree mate. She is truly awful. Not only does it not sound right she is more exaggerated than even Motson was. She has been creeping onto the last game on Match of the Day, but recently I have noticed she has started to do the 2nd to last or 3rd to last. So its obvious what is going on. Introduce her slowly and move her up the schedule.
    I actually think it depends on the game, they have given her the less exciting fixtures but a couple of times recently they've actually been some of the better games so she's been moved up the schedule.

But you're right the BBC are hoping we'll get used to her and then give her the more high-profile games to comment on. Just one brief look at the BBC news site shows they're utterly obsessed with identity politics and political correctness.
    Last edited by great_fire; 08-01-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I actually think it depends on the game, they have given her the less exciting fixtures but a couple of times recently they've actually been some of the better games so she's been moved up the schedule.

But you're right the BBC are hoping we'll get used to her and then give her the more high-profile games to comment on. Just one brief look at the BBC news site shows they're utterly obsessed with identity politics and political correctness.
    Fire, you've coined me up again. Had bet with same guy that you would reply to this text commenting that the BBC are obsessed with identity politics! Kerchingggg. Ta pal

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Fire, you've coined me up again. Had bet with same guy that you would reply to this text commenting that the BBC are obsessed with identity politics! Kerchingggg. Ta pal
    Today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46793406

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46795596

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...-defined-by-it

WOMEN! Know your place. (Mr Chomondley-Warner1948).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast