+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fairwell Palmer

Fairwell Palmer

It looks like kasey Palmer is heading on loan to Bristol city.
    Not enough work rate for my liking however it does leave us short out wide.

Oddly enough, I thought his last two appearances were just about his best!
    I agree about his workrate, but some players never quite get that, and they can only be accommodated in a team managed by someone like Mowbray, if their ability means they can be "carried" (or tolerated) as a luxury item. It remains to be seen if Rothwell is in the same category.
    Anyone heard any more rumours about Chapman?
    At the moment we have 'wide midfielders', in Bennett and Conway, or forward players, like Armstrong, Brereton and Samuel, who are forced into a "wide" position because Graham and Dack are certainties in the central roles.
    I would really like to see a genuine winger brought in, but they do often fit into that "luxury" category I mentioned earlier. We all remember players who look brilliantly skilful, but don't end up contributing much. Ruel Fox is one who comes to mind, and who was that guy we got (from Newcastle ?) years ago, who regularly dribbled past everyone but went around in circles?

My issue with wingers is, we don't actually possess a footballer in our whole squad, who can get a winger in a game. Our midfield as good as it is, isn't creative. You need a clever Tuguy type who can unlock a defence by passing the ball out wide.
    I have very few criticism's of our style of play, etc. But we woefully underuse Armstrong.
    We don't actually know how to get him in games. Evans/Smallwood/Travis/Rothwell are unable to pick a killer pass which splits a defence in half. The only one who I thought would be able to do this job, was Rodwell. But I think he will go the same way as Palmer. He hasn't worked out for one reason or another. I
    I really like Harry Chapman, but I feel its a luxury we already have. And we haven't yet figured out how to use Armstrong.

For me, we need to figure out a way of getting a winger in a game first. Once that happens, we have an effective player in Arma. As it is, he is only effective in small spells in home games. Never away.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)