+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Gareth Southgate

The England manager and two of his assistants were at Molineux last evening and must have been impressed with Conor Cody.. There were not that many English players on show and Sturridge did not exactly set the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    The England manager and two of his assistants were at Molineux last evening and must have been impressed with Conor Cody.. There were not that many English players on show and Sturridge did not exactly set the world on fire.
    Sturridge was a disgrace. Did bugger all and then put on his super sulk face when he was subbed. Prat!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Sturridge was a disgrace. Did bugger all and then put on his super sulk face when he was subbed. Prat!
    The thought in the BBC studio was that Klipitty Klopp was putting him out there in the market place for someone to snap him up. Good luck on that one KK !!

The Daily Mail is now running the story that GS was at Molineux to watch Connor Coady.

Conor Coady still not named in the Southgate England squad.. What has he got to do to get a cap?

Conor Coady still not named in the Southgate England squad.. What has he got to do to get a cap?
    Move to a big 6 club. Or Wolves make it a Big 7

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Move to a big 6 club. Or Wolves make it a Big 7
    Burnley, Everton, Leicester and West Ham have players in the Squad, and they are not top six clubs. I think he has his favourites and does show loyalty to them. Having seen all their players this season, Coady is better than all of them.

Burnley, Everton, Leicester and West Ham have players in the Squad, and they are not top six clubs. I think he has his favourites and does show loyalty to them. Having seen all their players this season, Coady is better than all of them.
    Everybody but Declan Rice have capped for England before, so I'm sure he feels comfortable with those particular players. And all those players have been playing in the Premier League for more than 7 months. I don't think we should be shocked that Coady hasn't been picked in a Euro Qualifier squad. I think we can be annoyed and question why he wasn't picked in the Nations League and friendlies over the past 6 months. Rice and Mount are young players, and those kind of players get callups from smaller clubs a decent amount (though Mount is a Chelsea player, just on loan to Derby). Coady is 26. I think he's playing better than Tarkowski and Maguire at this moment, but those players have capped previously.

I'm not surprised that Coady hasn't been selected. His role at Wolves in our set up compliments the way Wolves play. But the way England set up means there's no way he could fit into the line up.

Being selfish, i'm glad he hasn't been picked as Wolves get to see the best of him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)