+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O'Brien Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You say that but I remember most people thinking we needed a dominant central midfielder if O'Connor didn't re-sign. In the event, we got Vaughan.
    True, there was that. But still, people were excited about Dennis, Hemmings, Enzio. If I could be arsed to look back at the comments about Vaughan, the vast majority were of excitement, too good for League 2, he will tear it apart etc... Jimmy O’B may just be what’s been missing, but I have supported Notts long enough to know that many players have come with reputations who have had piss poor times at Notts.

He's injury prone and most clubs wouldn't look at him due to that. We have no choice and we wont get better. He will either be a revelation or another crock on the side costing us money. Who knows which. What does irk me is that we now have this band aid approach to patching up the team but we have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    otts County have completed the signing of experienced midfielder Jim O’Brien following his departure from Bradford City.

The Scot is Neal Ardley’s second addition of the January transfer window following last week's arrival of Ben Barclay and he trained with his new team-mates for the first time this morning.

Ardley said: “I’ve had a month to try and identify things we lack in the dressing room and on the pitch and Jim has the qualities we need.

“He'll play in the middle of midfield and will be up, down, left and right. He’s a bundle of energy, doesn’t stop running, is really aggressive in the challenge and has been outstanding for Bradford this season.

“Most importantly, he’s a very positive, driven lad who’ll motivate people around him.

“To get Jim in on a permanent deal is massive because it frees up loan spaces for when we do work elsewhere.

“There are so many positives to this signing and to get him to leave a League One side to come to Notts County is huge.

“We’ve been tracking him for a while and we’ve worked hard to bring him in. I think that feeling of being really, really wanted – a big transfer target for someone – has put things in our favour.

“We know him through my agent and several players who have played with him as well. You’ve got to use all your contacts and everyone’s come back and said the same – that he’s absolutely brilliant in the changing room, he drives people, he plays with no fear and he’ll deliver week in, week out.

“I think the Bradford fans have seen that this season.”

The 31-year-old has amassed more than 380 senior appearances during his career after coming through the ranks at Celtic.

Loans at Dunfermline Athletic and Dundee United preceded a permanent switch to Motherwell in 2008, where he remained for two years.

O’Brien then moved south of the border for a four-season stay with Sky Bet Championship side Barnsley before chipping in with eight goals and 11 assists in 70 appearances for Coventry City.

Spells with Shrewsbury Town and Ross County followed and he joined Bradford at the start of this season, making 16 appearances for the Valley Parade outfit.

He will wear squad number 21 for the Magpies.
    Can he play in goal !?????

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This is Notts County, if he’s as useful as reports suggest he is odds on to get injured on Saturday and be out for the rest of the season.
    Haha exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Where were they training, and when?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Where were they training, and when?
    Basford yesterday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    Spot on Big Un. Couldnt agree more. Well posted.
    Let's hope he's the player to help us get top half haha

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Thanks, Old 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Can he play in goal !?????
    He says in the interview that he would if asked to

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    He looked fit in training yesterday at basford

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast