+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: this transfer caper

Spot on renno I'm glad people are speaking out. Only on internet forums. However, it won't be long before these mutterings start being heard in boozers. Sometimes owt bad about the club is classed as taboo in Barnsley itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Spot on renno I'm glad people are speaking out. Only on internet forums. However, it won't be long before these mutterings start being heard in boozers. Sometimes owt bad about the club is classed as taboo in Barnsley itself.
    Cheers, its generally nothing that a few prematch pints at the pavilion doesnt sort out

My daughters been going since she was 4 (now 8) and she's happy to come to the game as long as we go to the pub after for a game of darts or pool - it would be rude not to go. She doesnt give 2 hoots who we buy or sell!!

Give her time renno

It worries me when the club are wetting themselves at the price of reportedly just over £1.5 we got for Potts. When you take off what we paid for him and the Blackpool sell-on, we're not accually that much in profit.
    It also worries me that having owners with the wealth they've got that they are happy playing poker for a 50p maximum stake. They don't appear to have any interest on getting the club to the best they can be.
    So have they bought it for the football side of things? or have they a bigger motive in mind such as any land that goes with the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    It worries me when the club are wetting themselves at the price of reportedly just over £1.5 we got for Potts. When you take off what we paid for him and the Blackpool sell-on, we're not accually that much in profit.
    It also worries me that having owners with the wealth they've got that they are happy playing poker for a 50p maximum stake. They don't appear to have any interest on getting the club to the best they can be.
    So have they bought it for the football side of things? or have they a bigger motive in mind such as any land that goes with the deal?
    As I understand it the Cryne's and the council have the stakes that include the stadium and the land around Oakwell. It wouldn't surprise me if in time the Council are bought out and the Cryne's relinquish their 20% as well.

I think with them only actually owning the club Barnsley FC and no assets to back it up or generate extra money player sales will have to to be continued to make the club self sufficient which is what they said from the beginning they wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    As I understand it the Cryne's and the council have the stakes that include the stadium and the land around Oakwell. It wouldn't surprise me if in time the Council are bought out and the Cryne's relinquish their 20% as well.
    I think that is the end game Ponte or at least the penultimate end game
    Bit like this PM's Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think with them only actually owning the club Barnsley FC and no assets to back it up or generate extra money player sales will have to to be continued to make the club self sufficient which is what they said from the beginning they wanted
    To what end though ESR?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    To what end though ESR?
    Maybe there isn’t an end game or ulterior motive

Kudos of owning an English Football Club

Very little investment needed as the buyout was spread between several investors

Takes little of their time and doesn’t require many extra funds as self sufficient at the moment

Initial investment will grow in value naturally

The chance that things could click and a bit of luck we could do a Huddersfield

Only need one season in the PL and bingo

Otherwise they continue to run it along the lines of the previous owner which is what a lot wanted

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Maybe there isn’t an end game or ulterior motive

Kudos of owning an English Football Club

Very little investment needed as the buyout was spread between several investors

Takes little of their time and doesn’t require many extra funds as self sufficient at the moment

Initial investment will grow in value naturally

The chance that things could click and a bit of luck we could do a Huddersfield

Only need one season in the PL and bingo

Otherwise they continue to run it along the lines of the previous owner which is what a lot wanted
    It's obvious they're not interested in football, so by buying football clubs in different countries leaves you with money laundering or illegal far east betting syndicates.
    It's a plan.
    They're not going to make money thrashing around in the 3rd tier, and selling players for a million here and there isn't worth to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast