+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAR is still rubbish

VAR is still rubbish

Tottenham v Chelsea

How can you look at video evidence and not see Kane was offside before the penalty incident?

It won’t work if it’s a matter of opinion which proves they don’t play by the rules

Think the red only asked them to look at the penalty incident,but clearly offside before,but second leg to come and I still think Chelsea will win it.

I love var it makes it more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I love var it makes it more exciting
    How is it more exciting Silly?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    How is it more exciting Silly?
    I get bored with some of these football games shef u v shef Wednesday was especially dull to watch and during the World Cup there were a few games that would have put me to sleep but Like last night VAR kicked in and made me pay attention.

When VAR kicks in for a free kick or pen it pauses for a minute to confirm it and for me it just adds to the suspense and adds to the excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I get bored with some of these football games shef u v shef Wednesday was especially dull to watch and during the World Cup there were a few games that would have put me to sleep but Like last night VAR kicked in and made me pay attention.

When VAR kicks in for a free kick or pen it pauses for a minute to confirm it and for me it just adds to the suspense and adds to the excitement
    I can see where your coming from re the boring games but Var just makes it worse for me, waiting for them to decide (mainly in their opinion) just takes that atmosphere away for me.

It’s being used in Prem next season anyway so I might get used to it but doubt I’ll like it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I can see where your coming from re the boring games but Var just makes it worse for me, waiting for them to decide (mainly in their opinion) just takes that atmosphere away for me.

It’s being used in Prem next season anyway so I might get used to it but doubt I’ll like it
    Each to there own mate

I can see why fans would find it annoying when they are waiting in cold 🥶 while ref makes his mind up.

But on flip side on tv for me it’s great also if you got a **** ref like we usually do get and he checks VAR because he misses a lot or is an indecisive guy isn’t that better than no VAR and a ref costing us the game?

Hate it and it will only extend things it reviews and ruin the game. Exemplified by VAR overturning the ref's decision to yellow card the Grimsby player and change it to a red. Great article on VAR by Bruce Millington in today's Racing Post (pick it up online?). He hates it too !

Was Sterling offside for their 3rd goal. Just putting it out there. Thought VAR was supposed to stop this. I know it wouldn't have made any difference to the result, but still why have it and not use it.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  12.2 KB

Yes I thought at the time he was offside but I didn’t make a big deal about it, didn’t see the point.
    But the ball might have been played slightly backwards so wouldn’t be offside. Who knows

Yes they had bar but wasn’t bothered about it with the looks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast