+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Staggies Defensive Dilemma

Can anyone complain about a team that goes out from the off to win ? A breath of fresh air compared to previous week's.

We play attacking football and this is the result. Brilliant performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Just after a 4-0 win against the leaders you post this. What a bitter individual you are and clearly no supporter of the club the type we can do without.

he has got a point tho spike this punching above our weight thing has to stop ,it just belittles the club ,how can we move forward with that kinda thinking lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Hamilton, Livingston, Ayr, Ross County, St Johnstone all above us and no much bigger than us. This punching above our weight crap just turns most Doonhamers off from going to games.
    Come on Les, be realistic man.

https://youtu.be/zro93p8HI4I Steven Ferguson post match

Some interesting posts on here. While absolutely agreeing we need to work within our means i do have sympathy by those irritated by the punching above our weight stuff. We`re absolutely at our weight in my view as an established championship club. We are well run with a gaffer who for all he`s far from perfect is an absolute grafter and is well enough regarded within the game that we can get some very decent loan players (Kerr, Kane, Semple, Thomson, Thomas) to boost the talent we already have.
    While i wouldn`t put money on it we are in the mix to gain promotion this season. Livi did it last year while the so called bigger clubs fell by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    he has got a point tho spike this punching above our weight thing has to stop ,it just belittles the club ,how can we move forward with that kinda thinking lol .
    I hear what you say Francis but there is a time and a place for these types of comments but barely an hour after a resounding win against the league leaders is not the time. Let's at least saviour that victory before dredging old and often repeated thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Some interesting posts on here. While absolutely agreeing we need to work within our means i do have sympathy by those irritated by the punching above our weight stuff. We`re absolutely at our weight in my view as an established championship club. We are well run with a gaffer who for all he`s far from perfect is an absolute grafter and is well enough regarded within the game that we can get some very decent loan players (Kerr, Kane, Semple, Thomson, Thomas) to boost the talent we already have.
    While i wouldn`t put money on it we are in the mix to gain promotion this season. Livi did it last year while the so called bigger clubs fell by the wayside.

yep dobmeister with the low signing and seeing mcguire and with other possible loan signings still to come in ,im now seeing us as a contender for this league ,only 9 points from the top now and best form team in the league ,unthinkable a month ago watching the containing stuff ,lets go for the title mon the south

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yep dobmeister with the low signing and seeing mcguire and with other possible loan signings still to come in ,im now seeing us as a contender for this league ,only 9 points from the top now and best form team in the league ,unthinkable a month ago watching the containing stuff ,lets go for the title mon the south

Wrong again Francis

Championship Form
    Points Last Six

Alloa Athletic 12
    QoS 9
    Dundee Utd 9
    Morton 8
    Ross County 8
    Inverness CT 7
    Ayr Utd 6
    Partick Thistle 6
    Dunfermline 6
    Falkirk 6

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Wrong again Francis

Championship Form
    Points Last Six

Alloa Athletic 12
    QoS 9
    Dundee Utd 9
    Morton 8
    Ross County 8
    Inverness CT 7
    Ayr Utd 6
    Partick Thistle 6
    Dunfermline 6
    Falkirk 6

lool yep forgetting about alloa ,but alloa arnt up near the top and atm for me im wanting ayr and ross co dropping the points ,while we are on a run .

Form table from last 8 games:
    Ross County 14
    Queen of South 13
    Alloa Athletic 12
    Dundee Utd 12
    Inverness Caley Thistle 11
    Falkirk 10
    Dunfermline Athletic 9
    Greenock Morton 9
    Ayr United 8
    Partick Thistle 7

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)