+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hart

Him going to Stoke would be a good way out for everybody. I hope it happens

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Him going to Stoke would be a good way out for everybody. I hope it happens
    I have to agree. I know he's vastly experienced and well respected etc., etc., but with our bloated wage bill and need for instant results, it makes sense. He might do a job long-term, but he'll have no impact on us picking up enough points to stay up this season. Ardley didn't have an equivalent at AFC Wimbledon, and he managed to get sort them out.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    They're also the ones who STILL think Keith Curle was rubbish, despite us missing out on L1 playoffs on goal difference and going on a club-record unbeaten away run.
    Keith Curle's Northampton were 21st when he took over. In 16 games they've got 23 points and are now 16th.

In the same time we've played 17 games, got 15 points and have gone from 22nd to 24th.

No, I didn't want him back and think Ardley is our best hope, but Curle is certainly not now, and wasn't then, rubbish.

If Paul Hart has had any influence then, at face value, it hasn't been reflected in the team or the running of the club has it.

I have to agree. I know he's vastly experienced and well respected etc., etc., but with our bloated wage bill and need for instant results, it makes sense. He might do a job long-term, but he'll have no impact on us picking up enough points to stay up this season. Ardley didn't have an equivalent at AFC Wimbledon, and he managed to get sort them out.
    My thoughts as well and it sums up his effectiveness for Notts every time he's been here. Bags of experience, bags of knowledge and very little impact and yet another wage to find. Given our League position and the fact we'd just missed out on the P/O's, Curley Wurley should have never got the sack at that time, even though his Post Match interviews gave me a migraine.
    Last edited by countygump; 09-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Keith Curle's Northampton were 21st when he took over. In 16 games they've got 23 points and are now 16th.

In the same time we've played 17 games, got 15 points and have gone from 22nd to 24th.

No, I didn't want him back and think Ardley is our best hope, but Curle is certainly not now, and wasn't then, rubbish.
    Used to be at Mansfield though so people disliked him from the start, he was fighting a losing battle (quite well) from day one, it's probably why I see the odd person say Hemmings is cr*p

Ardley didn't have an equivalent at AFC Wimbledon, and he managed to get sort them out.
    He had less experienced people in similar roles.

Academy Manager: Jeremy Sauer
    Head of Football: Mark Robinson
    Head of Coaching: Michael Hamilton
    Senior Professional Development Phase Coach: Alan Reeves
    Second Professional Development Phase Coach: James Oliver-Pearce
    Lead Youth Phase Coach: Rob Tuvey
    Lead Foundation Phase Coach: Joe Roberts
    Head of Talent ID: Ben Fosuhene

As for our bloated wage bill, whilst it all comes from the same pot, the financial fair play rules only matter when it comes to players wages and I'd say Paul Hart is a bit past his prime. Paul Hart's wage won't have any effect of our player wage bill, which is what matters, otherwise we might as well be talking about random members of the admin staff.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    If Paul Hart has had any influence then, at face value, it hasn't been reflected in the team or the running of the club has it.
    We don't know because we don't know what his role is. All we have heard is that AH was looking forward to learning from him though gawd only knows what that means.

Usually a directors job is to direct a direction. Maybe he had a say in advising AH on NA's appointment. Maybe he's there to help ensure the recruitment next summer is consistently along the lines that AH wants the club to go. Maybe it's about joining up youth development and first team. We don't know but I certainly wouldn't expect it to be a 5 min job yielding instant results and if it tempers AH's naivety then I would see that as being a positive role and well worth whatever AH is paying which as I understand things does not impinge on the playing budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Just a thought, have we improved since he was appointed, even with his vast experience.
    How is it possible to know?
    Without him we could have been even worse!
    I’ve never truly understood the role myself but could only assume that not being pitch side any benefits are more long term.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast