+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hart

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Based on?
    Based on he's always wanted to be a manager..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It's really not that difficult if you open your eyes...

“His remit will be a broad one to match his tremendous knowledge, experience and breadth of contacts.

“...while also being responsible for setting the club’s overall footballing philosophy with a keen emphasis on our development and academy set-ups."

“...build a footballing infrastructure which will help us achieve our long-term ambitions.

In basic english - HE HAS LONG TERM GOALS, HE IS NOT HERE TO IMMEDIATELY IMPROVE THE FIRST TEAM and has now had 10 days of a transfer window where he can start to show some short term results and we've made what is considered by most to be a good signing in Jim O'Brien, I imagine people that dislike Paul Hart will say he had absolutely nothing to do with that despite the fact that Ardley has said on multiple occasions he's sat down with Neil Cox AND Paul Hart to discuss the transfer window...
    The club should have already had a footballing philosophy in place....

This thread is brilliant, because people can’t see or hear what Hart does, the assumption is, that it’s not a lot.
    People assume he is on big money, how do you know? People slated Hardy for being too close to the football side of the business without the skills or knowledge to do so. So he gets someone in to look after the footballing side. Still slated.
    His remit as mentioned is long term thinking. It’s not a quick fix. Has he helped secure contracts for some of the young lads who were on scholarships?
    Is he involved in helping set up the new training facility?
    When people talk about football philosophy, it’s not just the first team. It’s the philosophy they want to implement throughout the club, from the kids, to the ****s, to the scholars etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Ardley said that he had the same agent as Jim O'Brien.

“We know him through my agent and several players who have played with him as well.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...en-add-2405494
    They share an agent but it seems that Ardley kept calling his agent until O'Brien thought they really want me. It wasn't the agent palming off O'Brien to us, Ardley wanted him and the agent was a coincidence. Hart may well have had an input into saying he was a good player and available

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They share an agent but it seems that Ardley kept calling his agent until O'Brien thought they really want me. It wasn't the agent palming off O'Brien to us, Ardley wanted him and the agent was a coincidence. Hart may well have had an input into saying he was a good player and available
    He may have but he also may not have. I expect everyone has input.

The things is, Harry Kewell was a beginner and maybe needed a DoF, but I think Ardley has already shown he knows what he's doing and is a massive upgrade on KN in terms of ability to handle transfers. So maybe we don't need to spend money on a DoF now, however good Hart may be. Or perhaps Hart is doing what he's best at, youth development, which is fine but let's not give him credit for everything that goes right, if we're not allowed to hold him to account when things go badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He may have but he also may not have. I expect everyone has input.

The things is, Harry Kewell was a beginner and maybe needed a DoF, but I think Ardley has already shown he knows what he's doing and is a massive upgrade on KN in terms of ability to handle transfers. So maybe we don't need to spend money on a DoF now, however good Hart may be. Or perhaps Hart is doing what he's best at, youth development, which is fine but let's not give him credit for everything that goes right, if we're not allowed to hold him to account when things go badly.
    We don't even know whether O'Brien wil be a good signing, my point is that people are saying he doesn't do anything when one of the few "results" we can see that he may be involved with is signings and we've made 2 of them, there's not much else a fan can "see" a Technical Director do.

I don't remember Darren Fletcher getting as much flak as Paul Hart has done so far and he was a f*cking commentator!

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    The club should have already had a footballing philosophy in place....
    Of course they should, dating back to - when do you think? 1862?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    How do you lnow what he is doing at the club are you on the Board or do you in deed control the programme of work he carries out.

No , funny l thought not.
    I respect your opinion

Alan Hardy has made his millions by getting the right man for the job as he sees the neccessity. He has dropped a few clangers in his choice of managers but that, methinks, is due to inexperience, owning and running a football club is a world away from running a business for profit. Most of us think he's probably got the right man this time - we'll see - but to maximise our chances of success he thinks we need a DoF and he can afford it, so why not now? It may give us an edge and it won't make us worse.
    Give Paul Hart credit if he's doing what he's paid to do but don't blame him for what he's not done if it's not his job to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    This thread is brilliant, because people can’t see or hear what Hart does, the assumption is, that it’s not a lot.
    People assume he is on big money, how do you know? People slated Hardy for being too close to the football side of the business without the skills or knowledge to do so. So he gets someone in to look after the footballing side. Still slated.
    His remit as mentioned is long term thinking. It’s not a quick fix. Has he helped secure contracts for some of the young lads who were on scholarships?
    Is he involved in helping set up the new training facility?
    When people talk about football philosophy, it’s not just the first team. It’s the philosophy they want to implement throughout the club, from the kids, to the ****s, to the scholars etc...
    Very good post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast