+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many points does it take....

How many points does it take....

From a trusted correspondent. We currently have 45 points with 19 games to go, so speculate all you want..

How many points does it take to finish with 1 point more than 23rd place and thus finish 22nd?
    How many points does it take to finish with 1 point more than 8th place and thus finish 7th?
    How many points does it take to finish with 1 point more than 4th place and thus finish 3rd?

Well, here is what it has taken in each of the last 10 seasons. I.e. in season 2017/18 the team that finished 8th got 72 points and thus 73 points were needed to finish with 1 point more. This figure of 73 is shown in the table and all the other figures are similarly shown.

Season 22nd 7th 3rd
    2008/09 42 71 79
    2009/10 45 71 74
    2010/11 48 69 80
    2011/12 45 70 84
    2012/13 52 68 77
    2013/14 51 63 77
    2014/15 42 69 85
    2015/16 35 70 86
    2016/17 47 70 78
    2017/18 47 73 81
    Average 45.4 69.4 80.1
    Last edited by griff; 09-01-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Testing
    Last edited by griff; 10-01-2019 at 01:49 PM.

The last two season have needed 47 points to stay up and Notts are currently on 21,I'm starting to get a tad worried now

You lot done any business yet this window? Still cash in the budget for a few extra faces?

The National League ain’t all that ba..... Oh wait..

We've just signed Jim O Brien from Bradford plus Hardy has stated that looking at another player to sign,it's going to be a long season
    I've stated elsewhere that after 40 years this will be my last season going down to Meadow Lane regularly due to one reason and another and I don't want to finish with them in the National League,the past 40 years have been a rollercoaster ride supporting them I can't do with chewing my nails in the last game of the season yet again,four points above relegation with a game to go is fine by me

By the looks of it the cut off point for safety will be the high 40s. With the exception of 2009/10 the gap between promotion and play offs was high. My feeling is that due to the number of teams in the hunt at the moment, this year will be like 09/10 - with promotion for 3 rd place team with 76 and play off teams needing 70 to 75. So we need a minimum of 1.5 pts per game to stand a chance. It must have been a mare supporting Notts Co in recent years from when Scven Goran was manager.

It's been mad supporting Notts over the years,we once got voted the most stressed out supporters over all four leagues,the Munto situation that involved Sven,Kasper and Lee Hughes coming to Meadow Lane was something out.of a fairytale,being taken over by a billionaire who was going to take us from League One to the Premier League in five years and brough Sven in to prove the point was something that I will never forget,nobody could touch us that season and easily got promoted before the cracks started to appear when it was realized that there wasn't enough money in the bank to pay the milk bill and within three months we was seriously,seriously in trouble and almost got finished and we was a victim of a con trick that all but wiped us out financially
    In the 40 years of supporting Notts the only thing that I've only wanted was to see us in a division higher than Forest and I now know that it's not going to happen for at least ten years if ever,I wouldn't have changed anything though,I've had a great time on the rollercoaster

Chalky, we’ve had problems with fake billionaires too. Did yours run a curry house or pizza shops?

The only one that I can remember is Russell King who was later the subject of a Panorama program,if you Google Russell King fraudster he will come up

You can take solace in that when you go down i will be very happy. I know that me being happy is high on your agenda. Rocky, Franks cousin from Bavaria.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)