+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

"but MPs telling 17.4 million people they are thick, bigoted morons and their views count for nothing"

Oh, come on Sinkov - you are sounding very desperate now.

Pray tell us which MP's have said that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "but MPs telling 17.4 million people they are thick, bigoted morons and their views count for nothing"

They will do so by their actions ---wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

"what happens if Parliament, in effect, declares war on it's own electorate"

In effect 59, in effect, although I have no doubt many Remain MPs have said or implied such things and worse. The thing is though, I read widely the views of both Brexiteers and Remainers, and the overwhelming majority of those Leavers whose views I read feel that this is the way they're perceived by our MPs. And in these things perception is all that matters.

I'm not so sure about the desperation bit, I'm merely making an observation that a Parliament that asks the electorate to make a decision, promises to carry out their wishes, and then decides they're going to ignore their wishes, must inevitably lead to 'interesting times' to put it mildly. Just how 'interesting' it will be intriguing to find out, should it happen.
    Desperation seems to me to be the motivation for anyone seeking a 2nd referendum, because they didn't get their own way in the first. Or it could just be frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It's getting really exciting now, sinkov, it's a bit like the Orient game!!
    I wonder if the state can find a Captain Ian Britton to give us a heads up and lead us out of this crisis?
    Possibly more like the Titanic Sub, we can see the iceberg, but the Captain refuses to change course, and seems prepared to go down with her ship.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Seems to be all the attention is on how, or even whether, we leave the EU. The more interesting question for me is, what happens if Parliament, in effect, declares war on it's own electorate by overturning their referendum decision.....
    Martyred for the cause - Sinkov....ships have been divided - munch screams - and as they control the winds of change....will have us all crashing against the rocks....then - they'll build again, in their sickening image !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Martyred for the cause - Sinkov....ships have been divided - munch screams - and as they control the winds of change....will have us all crashing against the rocks....then - they'll build again, in their sickening image !

Norder --that really will be the problem -------plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!!

Just seen Mr Corbyn on Andrew Marr. Clear as mud.

He says Labour want to leave the EU but wants,

Customs Union
    Single market access
    Freedom of movement
    Same workers regulations as now

That sounds like staying in the EU to me...?

It's called compromise 1959-60, but it's largely academic because the EU will not agree to it.

I am sure you are right BT - and I'm sure Corbyn knows it as well.

Therefore he is just playing politics?

This issue is far too important for that kind of stuff.

....yesterday - in that E.U happyplace.

at 34 seconds....whats that guy doing with the Flag

and we're letting them call the tune ?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)