+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I think you could label all the MP's with the word FRAUD Norder.

You had Gove saying when we voted to leave that its a great moment for the UK to venture on its own and be great again, now he's done a U turn and is for remaining, much like a lot of MP's who claimed this, claimed that yet changed their minds pretending to know what's good for us when deep down they have not got a clue.

This leaving the EU started as a Sham, and will continue until we stay in the EU, We voted to leave, we should have left and negotiated deals after the fact, not during, May and Co are remainers whatever comes out of her mouth, she along with her inner circle are not working for the public but themselves as they have always done, the Irish back stop is not a stumbling block, its just a side issue which looks trouble when its nothing of the sort, May's current deal is in essence staying close to the EU, it will be defeated later tonight and she's probably got nothing else to barter with, but... . . . . . . . .

Only caught a bit of it on the radio but when she comes back on Monday with nothing new, there are 2 Tory remainers who could do something (forgot the jargon) so that they have control over Brexit, as I said I only caught the last dregs of it so don't know how it works, but I've always said, Establishment/Parliament can come up with any new rules whenever they want to get their way

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

A second vote for the people is the only way to resolve it.

They will tell us if they want Theresa's deal, no deal or no Brexit.
    You have no idea how they would vote 59, and you have no idea whether another referendun would resolve anything. Supposing the votes went something like this, as it easily could......

May Deal ...30-35%
    No Deal ...30-35%
    No Brexit ...30-35%

What precisely would this resolve ? It's just more of the can-kicking. Leave on March 29th, WTO terms, job done, we're out, issue resolved, no more cans to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think you could label all the MP's with the word FRAUD Norder.

You had Gove saying when we voted to leave that its a great moment for the UK to venture on its own and be great again, now he's done a U turn and is for remaining, much like a lot of MP's who claimed this.....
    This leaving the EU started as a Sham, and will continue until we stay in the EU, We voted to leave, we should have left and negotiated deals after the fact, not during, May and Co are remainers whatever comes out of her mouth, she along with her inner circle are not working for the public but themselves as they have always done....

....the Head of the snake has the bite - Alto....so yes - should have been snared when she gave her full backing to the poorest of deals - when it was obvious the intention was to wrangle it to it's most trecherous of ends - where failure should never have been the better option - especially when it feeds those who cause is to scupper the march to leave.

I've got to give it to our Blessed Theresa, she really is one brass necked bitch...

How the fhoooooook can you carry on after that?

Attachment 11580

I think she will survive BT, the Irish have already said they are still with her for obvious reasons.

Its all done and dusted for me now (If it wasn't before), We voted out, Theresa May has kept telling us a No deal is better than a bad deal, her deal has been rejected by MP's in the biggest upset for a Government since the 1920's, the EU have said there is NO ROOM FOR ANY movement on May's deal, so the only thing left is NO DEAL.

The noise coming out of the eu is now “We regret the outcome of the vote, and urge the U.K. government to clarify its intentions with respect to its next steps as soon as possible," The sheer arrogance of the Europeans, The obvious one is NO DEAL, and show some courage against these bully boys, again a chance arises to be on the front foot and show some intent.

Thing is BT, how on earth, or perhaps more pertinently, why has she allowed it to get to this ? There's half a dozen of us on here been discussing/arguing this issue for a couple of years now. We all have our differing opinions, we don't agree about much, but the one thing we have all been in agreement on, because it was so bleedin obvious, was that her deal was a Turkey and it would never fly.

So if we could see it, if the whole world and his wife could see it, if Stan's blind man on a galloping horse could see it, why could Theresa not see it ? She must have seen it, she must have known what was coming, but she ploughed on regardless. Why ? I'm still completely baffled by this woman, she surely cannot be a stunningly stupid as she appears to be, what is she playing at, what's her game ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You have no idea how they would vote 59, and you have no idea whether another referendun would resolve anything. Supposing the votes went something like this, as it easily could......

May Deal ...30-35%
    No Deal ...30-35%
    No Brexit ...30-35%

What precisely would this resolve ? It's just more of the can-kicking. Leave on March 29th, WTO terms, job done, we're out, issue resolved, no more cans to kick.
    Sinkov, if there were more than two options to vote for then the alternative Vote system would be used.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12892836

So..if after the first preferences are counted no option got more than 50% of the vote then the least popular option would be removed.
    The second preferences of the option that had been removed are added to the remaining (no pun intended) options.

Our first past the post voting system is archaic.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think she will survive BT, the Irish have already said they are still with her for obvious reasons.

Its all done and dusted for me now (If it wasn't before), We voted out, Theresa May has kept telling us a No deal is better than a bad deal, her deal has been rejected by MP's in the biggest upset for a Government since the 1920's, the EU have said there is NO ROOM FOR ANY movement on May's deal, so the only thing left is NO DEAL.

The noise coming out of the eu is now “We regret the outcome of the vote, and urge the U.K. government to clarify its intentions with respect to its next steps as soon as possible," The sheer arrogance of the Europeans, The obvious one is NO DEAL, and show some courage against these bully boys, again a chance arises to be on the front foot and show some intent.
    It's been the case all along Alto that our best chance of getting a good deal was to convince the EU no deal was an option we could, and would, take up. The traitorous Remainers have done everything in their power, including Project Fear, to take this option off the table and make our best card unplayable. They're still at it even now, but if we want some movement from the EU at this late stage, it will only happen once they believe we will leave without a deal if we have to. Once they believe that 39 billion euros is slipping through their fingers it will be surprising just how flexible they become, just how what was non-negotiable suddenly becomes negotiable again.

She's a woman Sinkov, and one of those who cannot be told, she was Home Secretary in name only as she was poor at that, She "chose" to take the poison Chalice of Prime Minister, believed her own hype and had a general election which more or less kicked her in the arse, then she was hit with the Windrush scandal while she was Home Secretary In Name Only and put it all on Amber Rudd to take the fall, now this deal which was never going to pass, she's been a walking disaster since she entered Politics, but like you say Sinkov, she ploughs on regardless, and some call the Donald a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sinkov, if there were more than two options to vote for then the alternative Vote system would be used.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12892836

So..if after the first preferences are counted no option got more than 50% of the vote then the least popular option would be removed.
    The second preferences of the option that had been removed are added to the remaining (no pun intended) options.

Our first past the post voting system is archaic.
    Yes you're right 59, the mechanics of the system would produce a result for one of the options, but in my example the first ballot would show the country just as divided as parliament. Could we then really act on that result ? I suggest not. Suppose Remain won on the 2nd ballot, after getting say 35% in the first ballot, are you suggesting that the 52% voting to leave should be overturned on the basis that 35% now choose Remain as their preferred option, but 65% didn't. Of course I don't know how the voting would go, but it could be something similar to my scenario, in which case your 2nd referendum solves nothing, it just opens up another can of worms to kick down the road, We really don't need this.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)