+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Been in the Golden Rule a couple of times 59, but it was a long time ago. Going out of an evening we usually needed somewhere to eat, and from what I can remember a packet of crisps was about all you could hope for in the Golden Rule. Nowt wrong with that but we needed some scram.
    Still the same Sinkov. It wasn't an issue yesterday - we had our lunch (dinner?) on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Still the same Sinkov. It wasn't an issue yesterday - we had our lunch (dinner?) on the way down.
    What did you have for dinner 59 ? Jam butties for me when I was in the Fells, as recommended by Mr A Wainwright, if they were good enough for him, they were good enough for me.

I'm glad that we agree that it is dinner Sinkov!

Yesterday it was chicken butties, Chorley cakes and chocolate biscuits with a flask of coffee. I don't presume for one moment that we are in the same league as yourself or Wainwright

We were clear of the snow zone but still in the mist. There were some surreal moments with various stuff coming into and out of view as the mist swirled about.

By the way, have you ever seen a Brocken Spectre?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocken_spectre

I have never seen one - in yesterday's weather it would not have been possible. I think you need the sun behind you and a bank of cloud in front of you...?

Breakfast, dinner, tea, supper, that's what I was brought up on 59, soft southerners can call it what they want. Read about Brocken Spectres, but never seen one. It must be scary if you saw one and didn't know what it was.

Two months to Brexit and the "Clueless One" remains in charge. Jesus wept, what a fhooking mess!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Two months to Brexit and the "Clueless One" remains in charge. Jesus wept, what a fhooking mess!
    If I was a betting man BT, I'd be putting my shirt on us NOT leaving on March 29th. It's a fairly sound rule with Theresa, listen to what she says will happen, then expect the opposite.

It's looking that way sinkov. Democracy, what fhooking democracy?

It's looking that way sinkov. Democracy, what fhooking democracy?
    The joke is that you can do absolutely nothing about it that will make any difference.
    You can get a petition, march around in protest, jump up and down outside the Palace of Westminster etc., etc. and it makes not one bit of difference ---apart from keeping some folk happy because they think that they are affecting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The joke is that you can do absolutely nothing about it that will make any difference.
    You can get a petition, march around in protest, jump up and down outside the Palace of Westminster etc., etc. and it makes not one bit of difference ---apart from keeping some folk happy because they think that they are affecting things.
    It's a shambles Supersub, it really is.

It's a shambles Supersub, it really is.
    I am sure that all of us on here will agree with that BT. What it has shown, even if we didn't know it before, is that the vast majority of politicians are doing what they do for their own interest and the rest of us can go to hell.
    Watch this space for the next episode of the shambles ---nothing surprises me anymore!

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)