+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

To be fair BT, he may simply have been incredibly unlucky and missed them all

on the subject of lies....

who was it that said....."When it becomes serious, you have to lie."

it was said during a meeting with the European Movement International (EMI) in 2011 - a lobbying association that coordinates the efforts of associations and national councils with the goal of Promoting European integration, and disseminating information about it.

a clue....was the same guy that was forced to resign from his position as PM and Finance Minister of Luxembourg on spying and corruption charges.....the same guy who helped push through the Megabank bailout loans that caused the debt crisis in Greece/Spain/Portugal etc.....banks like Goldman Sachs who donated large sums to project fear for the campaign to keep Britain tied to the E.U.

one last clue....he also said “I am for secret, dark debates,”

well here he is - with a good friend even !

Jean Claude Juncker - President of the European Commission.

The Master of Lies.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ve-to-lie.html

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    There was loads of this stuff Sinkov. I can send you more if you wish?

You must send as much as you like 59, please see post 175 for evidence of how little impact the Turkey issue had on the debate. You can check out the Longside debate yourself if you wish, it's still there. It is quite fascinating and informative, the arguments for and against, numerous different reasons for voting to leave, not many reasons for voting to remain, despite my appeals to Remainers to try and persuade me to change my mind. Nothing was off limits, everything remainers and leavers alike wanted to discuss was discussed, But well over 1000 posts over a period of three years and not one single mention of Turkey.

Numerous points were raised and discussed during the campaign, some resonated and became central to the debate, Turkey wasn't one of them, like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    If we leave in March with no deal then we will also lose 40 trade deals with other countries which the EU has put into place.

Each one of these would have to be renegotiated. So far, with 70 days to go, we have agreed zero deals.

Liam Fox is now putting the blame on the other 40 countries saying that we are ready.

In 2017 Fox said that the UK could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU", so that there would be no disruption to trade.

But with just over two months to go until Brexit, not one has been signed.

So, if we leave in March we will lose trading deals with 67 countries and have bugger all to replace them with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46917999

On the BBC website today,

"New Zealand's prime minister has said she is "ready and willing" to sign a post-Brexit trade deal with the UK.
    Jacinda Ardern said negotiating a free trade agreement would be a "real priority" once the UK had left the EU.
    She is meeting British Prime Minister Theresa May before heading to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland."

Notice what she says in the second line 59,

' a "real priority" once the UK had left the EU.

Like I said in my reply to your OP, countries will not prioritise negotiating a trade deal with us until we leave the EU. So it's completely fatuous for Remainers like yourself and Remain rags like the Grauniad to whine about a lack of progress on trade deals, while doing everything possible to prevent us leaving the EU. One is a direct consequence of the other, even the most deluded of Remainers should be able to grasp that.

Sinkov, don't blame me for this.

Liam Fox (Secretary of State for International Trade) brought the subject up last week when he claimed that the 40 countries were not working hard enough on trade deals with the UK. I was merely bringing his thoughts to your attention.
    Please contact him with your thoughts.

Just returned from a pleasant day climbing the small but interesting Loughrigg Fell. Fascinating all the way but we were in snow for half of the time and, because of poor visibility, we struggled for ages to find the top.

Good apre-walk in the amazing Golden Rule in Ambleside.

I know Loughrigg Fell 59, from when we used to rent a holiday cottage in Ambleside. Been up it, over it, and round it several times. It is one of the smaller ones, but I always think it's bigger than you think, and finding the top can be a bugger and always seems to take longer than you think it will. Superb views over Grasmere from the path on the northern side as well.

Aye Sinkov.

We ascended round the back of the big cave on the Loughrigg Terrace and soon found ourselves in mist and snow. I've done that route before but in good visibility. It was confusing coming across lots of various paths and we were never certain which one to take. Visibility around 30 yards I'd say. After about four attempts we finally stumbled across the top. great fun though - never in danger of getting lost.

At the summit we met a bloke who suggested that we turn left at the snowman. I thought that must be a nickname for the cairn lower down. I've just watched the North West weather forecast and there was a picture of a snowman on Loughrigg Fell.

We descended by the northern side but we never got a view until we were back on the Loughrigg Terrace. Yes, I remember the views are brilliant but not today at 2PM.

Do you know the Golden Rule pub in Ambleside?

Had a couple of visits to that particular pub 1959-60 and your comment made me think about the Golden Rule of democracy - give the people what they voted for or the brown stuff will really hit the fan!

Been in the Golden Rule a couple of times 59, but it was a long time ago. Going out of an evening we usually needed somewhere to eat, and from what I can remember a packet of crisps was about all you could hope for in the Golden Rule. Nowt wrong with that but we needed some scram.

Great pub BT. It was a Monday afternoon in January but there were plenty of people in.

Another Golden Rule is not to tell lies or spread misinformation which most of our politicians have never followed.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)