+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I think we are all relieved that Theresa's plan was rejected.

If it hadn't been for Gina Miller then the plan would have been enacted by now and without any scrutiny at all.

People were saying that Gina Miller was a traitor and an enemy of the people.

In retrospect, don't you agree with me that we owe her a large debt of gratitude?
    Gina Miller is disingenuous, a liar 59. She was asked by Andrew Marr on his Sunday morning show why she was taking the government to court over the A50 application, wasn't she just trying to prevent the government enacting the will of the people. She said she respected the referendum result, she was actually trying to help the government by providing legal certainty for it's actions. Since then she has continued to do everything she can to prevent our exiting the EU. She is perfectly entitled to her views and to fight to overturn the referendum result, you 59 are doing the same in your own way, but you are open and honest about it. I disagree with you profoundly, but I respect your right to your opinion. Not so Miller, she lies on national TV about her motives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

29th March looms and the Blessed Theresa insists we will leave the EU on that day. Looks to me like a No Deal Brexit is nailed on.
    Hammond is telling business leaders no deal will be off the table soon, Remain MPs with the assistance of Squeaker Bercow are planning to neuter the executive, take over Brexit themselves and either extend or revoke A50, with May powerless to do anything about it. Most of the commentators I read seem to think this is very likely to happen. The only way I can see this being stopped is to prorogue parliament, if the Remainers want to shut the government down, then shut the fecking lot down until we're out. We might actually be better off without any government for a couple of months.

BT, as a bloke who just wants to leave the EU without a deal, what do you think of Jeremy's plan?

Rule out no deal.
    Customs union and, basically, in the single market.
    Basically, free movement.
    Repeated votes of no confidence
    And when the votes of no confidence continue to be lost, possibly a second referendum.

I don't know about you, but I am failing to see any advantage whatever over our current position.

We would effectively still be in the EU but would have to obey their rules without any say in drawing them up.

From what you have been telling us you will be totally against his plan?
    I feel sorry for Jeremy, the poor bloke wants us out, he's been against the EU all his career, seeing it for the big business, globalist scam on working people it actually is. But he's fettered by internal Labour Party politics, the snowflakes in Momentum are Remainers and he has to go along with them. So we have the ludicrous situation of a Remain PM apparently trying to get us out, and a Brexiteer leader of the Remain Labour party trying to...……..who knows what he's trying to do, the poor bugger doesn't know himself. What Labour need is some devious, scheming, Machiavellian tw@t like Gordon Brown, he'd know what to do, I think.

I think i told you that last year we had an holiday in Northern Ireland.
    We were very impressed.

Clean streets, bins emptied on time, streetlights working, no pot holes that we saw. Everyone seemed to be very content. True, we didn't have to check out the schools, hospitals etc. but what we saw was impressive.

And Northern Ireland has been without an assembly now for two years.

I reckon you are on to something Sinkov.

I think i told you that last year we had an holiday in Northern Ireland.
    We were very impressed.

Clean streets, bins emptied on time, streetlights working, no pot holes that we saw. Everyone seemed to be very content. True, we didn't have to check out the schools, hospitals etc. but what we saw was impressive.

And Northern Ireland has been without an assembly now for two years.

I reckon you are on to something Sinkov.
    I wasn't being tongue in cheek when I posted that 59, the country has a civil service which will still be fully functioning, we can run on auto-pilot for a couple of months. Shops, factories and schools will still open, doctors, nurses, policemen and firefighters will still be going into work, the trains and buses will still be running, Terrier Taxis will still be operational, although they'll have nowt to do.

You've seen the evidence in NI, they're by no means as important or essential as they think they are.

"Jeremy Corbyn has forbidden his MPs from meeting the Prime Minister until she rules out a no-deal Brexit, though a number of senior Labour backbenchers have ignored him."

Can you blame them ignoring him, the most important issue this country has faced in generations and Jeremy, the man who'll travel to the ends of the earth to talk to any terrorist leader, as long as he's a bit of a lefty, won't talk to his own country's government. What have we done to deserve these two, May and Corbyn, Dumb and Dumber. FFS !!

"The latest ComRes poll asked voters whether they wanted to see the referendum result respected and found a clear majority in favour. Excluding ‘don’t knows’ (18%), 65% of people agreed that the result should be respected, while only 35% disagreed."

Not much support for another referendum there.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Jeremy Corbyn has forbidden his MPs from meeting the Prime Minister until she rules out a no-deal Brexit, though a number of senior Labour backbenchers have ignored him."

Can you blame them ignoring him, the most important issue this country has faced in generations and Jeremy, the man who'll travel to the ends of the earth to talk to any terrorist leader, as long as he's a bit of a lefty, won't talk to his own country's government. What have we done to deserve these two, May and Corbyn, Dumb and Dumber. FFS !!
    Which option would you go for sinkov, a nice cosy chat with the IRA about demilitarizing a terrorist organisation or share a can of Special Brew, a bag of chips and a couple of fags with old bad breath May?

Attachment 11605

With the possibilty of snaffling a few free chips, it's got to be the luscious Theresa every time BT, no-brainer innit ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    With the possibilty of snaffling a few free chips, it's got to be the luscious Theresa every time BT, no-brainer innit ?
    Perhaps I can arrange you a threesome, I have some great contacts as you well know..?

Attachment 11606

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)