+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I am sure you are right BT - and I'm sure Corbyn knows it as well.

Therefore he is just playing politics?

This issue is far too important for that kind of stuff.
    That's bollox 1959_60! Corbyn has sat patiently waiting for the Tories to implode, this is the week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That's bollox 1959_60! Corbyn has sat patiently waiting for the Tories to implode, this is the week!
    Why does that idea not fill me with any confidence? Sitting patiently waiting for something to happen --that just about sums him up ---nothing proactive at all just like the rest of them.
    Any opposition leader worth his salt would have pushed the government right from the time the leave vote was published and insisted that the negotiations would need to be progressed with ideas from all elected parties.
    Instead they have just sat back and waited patiently for something to happen and have not issued one idea of where we may be going if they take over.

Why??? Simple, not one politician, apart from Theresa May, is willing to accept any responsibility for anything which is agreed with the EU when we leave. They are ALL sitting patiently so that they can say "It had nothing to do with us!" Not one with any backbone who you could rely on in a crisis!

Therefore he is just playing politics?

This issue is far too important for that kind of stuff.
    Are you serious 59 ? Where on earth have you been since the referendum result was announced? In an attempt to overturn the referendum result, Remainers have been playing politics with this issue non-stop ever since, and to be fair a bloody effective job they're making of it.

High Court and Supreme Court challenges, the House of Lords blocking legislation, demands for a 'meaningful vote', Acts of Parliament, endless amendments, Project Fear Mark One, Project Fear Mark two, a second referendum, the anti-Brexit media onslaught from the BBC, 'despite Brexit' prefacing all the good economic news, 'because of Brexit fears' prefacing all the bad news, the Speaker going against HoC precedent to allow Remain amendments which should never have seen the light of day, the European Court deciding arbitrarily that we could withdraw our Article 50 application to leave, the EU 'letting it be known' they would be open to extending Article 50, the sudden, and as yet unexplained, sidelining of the Dept for Exiting the EU, after 18 months negotiating with Barnier, and the sudden appearance of an agreement cobbled together in secret by a Remain civil servant and Barnier's No2, which none of our Cabinet knew about, but the EU signed up to quicker than rats up a drainpipe, which tells you all you need to know about that.
    I could go on with further examples for another half hour, but where have you been 59, you can't have been on top of Helvellyn for the last two years, so how have you missed all of this ? Have you never heard of Continuity Remain, the organisation behind the drive for a 2nd referendum, were you not aware of the steady stream of Remainers slinking over to Brussels chatting behind close doors with Barnier. The Remainers are well funded, well organised and you have to give them credit, the culmination of over two years hard work is that they're very close to achieving their aim. You're not really so naïve as to think we've arrived here by accident are you ? Surely not.

Sinkov, I could take issue with you over most of that, but I don't want to get RSI

You are right though, many of us have been campaigning for a second vote, now we have more idea about what the impact of Brexit really means. But this is not playing politics - we strongly support our cause - and the fact is that the nation would vote remain if asked again right now.

But Labour have been either sitting on the fence or flip-flopping for the last 2 years. They are simply waiting for an opportunity to give their own party an advantage, not the country. And more and more people can see this.
    They are saying that, after winning an election, they can start from scratch and negotiate a brand new deal with the EU which would be acceptable to Parliament and the nation is simply bonkers.
    BT has admitted that the EU would simply not sanction this, and he is right.

Which is why I said that Labour were playing politics and would sell their soul for power.

Just a gentle reminder. The Labour Party did not cause this mess. The Tories are in power, but for how much longer, I care not to guess!

Tuesday will be the definitive day and May will be gone by Wednesday. Hip, hip hooray!

Which is why I said that Labour were playing politics and would sell their soul for power.
    Within a year of the EU referendum 59, the Lib Dems were standing in a General Election on a platform to overturn the result of the referendum before it could be implemented. If you don't think that is playing politics with the issue, then I politely suggest you have a rather flimsy grasp of what politics is all about.

The Lib Dems constantly send me flyers and messages. Jesus Christ, I would love to know what planet they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Lib Dems constantly send me flyers and messages. Jesus Christ, I would love to know what planet they are on.
    Hmmm, slightly different context but the same principal, it reminds of what the Sabs say about the hunting fraternity, 'the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable'.

"Sinkov, I could take issue with you over most of that, but I don't want to get RSI"

I'm not sure what you could you take issue with 59, it's all factual, it's simply listing events which have taken place or are still currently taking place. You only have to keep up with current affairs to be au fait with it all, honest none of it is made up.

Just another example of the ruling class giving us members of the proletariat the two fingers. It is illegal to hunt foxes with hounds and horses, but not for our country Toffs it isn't. We voted to LEAVE the EU but the ruling class truly know what's best for the peasants.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)