+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa in a mess

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Meanwhile, Boris has been on good form.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...campaign-video
    I saw the speech live, it was an excellent wide ranging speech, but typical of the Grauniad to ignore 99.9% of it and focus on Crick's attempt to trip him up. I find it odd that the Grauniad claims that Turkey was a core theme of the Leave campaign, the C4 drama/doc last week made a big thing about Turkey as well, which surprised me as well. As someone who followed the campaign closely and voted Leave I can only say that Turkey never featured at all as far as I can recall, any mention of Turkey certainly went straight over my head. The Left are fond of re-writing history, I suspect they're at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I saw the speech live, it was an excellent wide ranging speech, but typical of the Grauniad to ignore 99.9% of it and focus on Crick's attempt to trip him up. I find it odd that the Grauniad claims that Turkey was a core theme of the Leave campaign, the C4 drama/doc last week made a big thing about Turkey as well, which surprised me as well. As someone who followed the campaign closely and voted Leave I can only say that Turkey never featured at all as far as I can recall, any mention of Turkey certainly went straight over my head. The Left are fond of re-writing history, I suspect they're at it again.
    Come on sinkov, Turkey did feature in a lot of households last month, perhaps that is what the Grauniad was referring to.

Liam Fox's response to this was very interesting. He blamed the other nations for no deals being done as yet. So...people are blaming the EU for not negotiating in good faith and these other 40 countries for not negotiating seriously.
    I see a pattern here.

And I am in the dark as much as you on why we couldn't start chatting about a trade deal from day one Sinkov. Perhaps we should ask our original negotiating team which were,

Theresa May
    Oliver Robbins, Europe advisor to the Prime Minister
    David Davis (until 9 July 2018), Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union.
    Sir Tim Barrow, UK Permanent Representative to the EU
    Plus our Foreign Secretary Boris and our International Trade Secretary Liam Fox.

These people agreed to the rules of the game with the EU and, like you, I can't understand how they agreed to it.

Technically, I don't think any EU member state can negotiate it's own deal with the EU and so we actually have to leave before these discussions take place.
    But we didn't seem to try very hard to circumvent this matter - perhaps our negotiators agreed with it?

There was loads of this stuff Sinkov. I can send you more if you wish?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sinkov's Selective Memory Syndrome (SMS) strikes again! In response to Mad Boris I actually remember saying 80 million Turks won't want to come to the UK even with their EU passports. Boris said it, he knows he said it, this bloody SMS has gone viral.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sinkov's Selective Memory Syndrome (SMS) strikes again! In response to Mad Boris I actually remember saying 80 million Turks won't want to come to the UK even with their EU passports. Boris said it, he knows he said it, this bloody SMS has gone viral.
    Google it, lies, lies and more lies https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7835891.html

That's the problem with the referendum BT - lies and misinformation swayed a lot of people (on both sides).

Most of these issues are now a lot clearer (we will not be swamped by 80 million Turks etc) and we know what Theresa's deal looks like.
    We have a good idea what no deal looks like and we know what remain looks like.

So surely we should be allowed a more informed choice on what happens now?

The politicians are not able to sort it out - that much is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    That's the problem with the referendum BT - lies and misinformation swayed a lot of people (on both sides).

Most of these issues are now a lot clearer (we will not be swamped by 80 million Turks etc) and we know what Theresa's deal looks like.
    We have a good idea what no deal looks like and we know what remain looks like.

So surely we should be allowed a more informed choice on what happens now?

The politicians are not able to sort it out - that much is obvious.
    Utter bollox 59/60..

we might as well give up voting if that's the case.. Doesn't this happen every general election both parties are giving out the spiel about what they are going to do when in power? Maybe we should have another vote when they don't come through with their manifesto..

You need to come to terms with the fact there won't ever be another vote mate..WE ARE GOING OUT ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Utter bollox 59/60..

we might as well give up voting if that's the case.. Doesn't this happen every general election both parties are giving out the spiel about what they are going to do when in power? Maybe we should have another vote when they don't come through with their manifesto..

You need to come to terms with the fact there won't ever be another vote mate..WE ARE GOING OUT ..
    One thing which was on the Conservative Manifesto in 2015 was that there would be a EU Referendum before 2017. Well. Mister Cameron stuck to his word on that one so I can't see why anyone is complaining, it was stated in balck and white and it happened.

Even though I can't stand Cameron (who can?) he was unequivocal when he said to leave the EU meant the end of the Customs Union, end of the ECJ, end of access to the single market and end of free movement between EU citizens. What's the problem? Keep our 39 billion quid and tell Brussels to shove their rebate where the sun don't shine.
    I'm stuck in-between democracy and idiocy. If we voted to LEAVE surely we must LEAVE?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)