+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline

We will need to have a better first half than recent home games ffs. Looking for our team to run out there and look like they can be bothered to dig in and win. This could be a significant game for us and we want to to reinforce our hoodoo over the pars

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    McNamara has a sports consultancy company call Consilium Sports.

Can't write it.

Should be ConSillyMen Sports
    I wonder what the invaluable consultancy advice for Saturday will be....

Play 4-2-3-1

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Play 4-2-3-1
    Now you mention it, I find it a interesting that playing this formation used to be a big issue on here (Ray and Csaba used to get slated for it) but now it's not really mentioned even though we still use it.

Well considering Robbies got a mixture of dumb & dumbers signings that were probably brought in for that type of formation what do you expect him to play?
    Craig Levine said not long after taking over "We can't play 2 up top yet" again because what had been left behind.
    I get you backed Ray & Csaba and you'll still give us all the "Well, you never know what would've happend" but realistically there both in the top 5 managers in our history, and we've had some brutal managers.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Now you mention it, I find it a interesting that playing this formation used to be a big issue on here (Ray and Csaba used to get slated for it) but now it's not really mentioned even though we still use it.
    I for one am not happy about it.

But, the squad was built around that formation. Now, whether Robbie changes it from January, from July or at all, is not my core priority as a fan right now: the players are an utter midden, almost to a Man.

*top 5 worst managers*

He tried to change it at Alloa but that obviously didn’t work.

When Clark is fully fit two attackers will be more of an option

Formation can work but under Ray and Csaba it was used usually in very defensive way

think everyone still hates it, we dont have the players for it, back to basics for me every time, two central mids, two wingers L&R and a big striker and a wee striker. all day long!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    think everyone still hates it, we dont have the players for it, back to basics for me every time, two central mids, two wingers L&R and a big striker and a wee striker. all day long!!!!
    With Clark back we’d have a nice strike partnership with Safranko and Clark.

Need to start scoring some goals from open play if we are going to get out of this division.

I'm not saying this as some sort of backing of Ray and Csaba, just an observation about the talk of formations on here previously being quite a hot topic. Is this something that just gets discussed when folk are disgruntled about the manager?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)