+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Florist at it again

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I’m guessing it’s Ardley who’s bringing who he wants in, just like every other supporter AH can have an opinion who he’d like to bring in, give him a break he’s allowed to be human as well as the Chairman!

A break they love slagging him off, those who have owned football clubs before.

Forest, apparently, paying all of Walkers wages.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You see this is what worries me with Hardy. Grant is not the sort of player we need right now and was badly found out after Yates left in the second half of last season as the goals and performances dried up. Yet Hardy seems to still probably ( if he could) have been interested in taking him back if he was available ( which he wouldn't be to Notts).

He clearly hasn't learnt!
    Talk about looking for something to complain about...

Fan: Hey Alan, Lionel Messi has a release clause in his deal, are we signing him

Alan: Unfortunately not.

Fan: What an idiot he is, thinking it's unfortunate a decent player is out of our reach...

And Grant would walk into this side blindfolded, I'd say only Enzio is on his level, imagine having one of each on either wing!

As for them "ripping up" the deal... All long term loans have a recall clause in them that clubs can activate in the transfer windows unless they state otherwise, having the recall clause is the "default" loan, if there isn't a recall clause it's usually because the club has paid a fee to get the player on loan.

Whether Forest were morally right or wrong to recall Yates is pretty irrelevant considering it was Yates that chose to play League One football and who can blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Talk about looking for something to complain about...

Fan: Hey Alan, Lionel Messi has a release clause in his deal, are we signing him

Alan: Unfortunately not.

Fan: What an idiot he is, thinking it's unfortunate a decent player is out of our reach...

And Grant would walk into this side blindfolded, I'd say only Enzio is on his level, imagine having one of each on either wing!

As for them "ripping up" the deal... All long term loans have a recall clause in them that clubs can activate in the transfer windows unless they state otherwise, having the recall clause is the "default" loan, if there isn't a recall clause it's usually because the club has paid a fee to get the player on loan.

Whether Forest were morally right or wrong to recall Yates is pretty irrelevant considering it was Yates that chose to play League One football and who can blame him?
    Freeman do you really think that Grant is the sort of player we need right now? His second half of last season was not a patch on the first half, his goals record with Luton this year is again nothing to write home about and he is in and out of ( a much better side than us) the side. We need steel and guts. Grants a talented player for sure but not what we need for a dog fight. I'm not looking for something to moan about, Hardy has put his money where his not insignificant mouth is but hey ho we all know what opinions are like! If they send us his mate Yates back I am quite happy.....we wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Forest, apparently, paying all of Walkers wages.
    No, Stags are paying around £1000 of it, while Forest are covering the rest. I heard a rumour in November that Forest were going to demand Stags pay it all from Feb, which is meant to be about £6000. I don't know how true this is, but the deadline for recalling him is Jan 15th and if there is interest from a League 1 club, the worry is that Forest will recall and re-loan him to a higher level like they did with Yates and Notts.

On Jorge Grant, there's a fair bit of talk on Stags facebook groups and Stagsnet about him possibly coming to us. Not sure if there's anything in this or if it's just wishful thinking, but Carolyn Radford put out a post tonight that hinted on us having completed 3 new signings. Let's see!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    No, Stags are paying around £1000 of it, while Forest are covering the rest. I heard a rumour in November that Forest were going to demand Stags pay it all from Feb, which is meant to be about £6000. I don't know how true this is,
    You maybe correct. Although different to my info, still less than 20% contribution. The point I’m making is, due to Hardy’s public reaction to Yates situation. Notts have missed out, potentially, on a good signing from a playing and financial perspective.

I understand Hardy’s reaction to Yates recall and share is sentiments. But, shouldn’t be public with his views. Forest exercised their rights and you can’t expect any favours or for clubs to honour ‘verbal agreements’.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-01-2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error for you for easier reading

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    You maybe correct. Although different to my info, still less than 20% contribution. The point I’m making is, due to Hardy’s public reaction to Yates situation. Notts have missed out, potentially, on a good signing from a playing and financial perspective.

I understand Hardy’s reaction to Yates recall and share is sentiments. But, shouldn’t be public with his views. Forest exercised their rights and you can’t expect any favours or for clubs to honour ‘verbal agreements’.
    You're right. And you can't depend on a parent club either. Mansfield need another striker and not to rely on Forest being honourable. We're all waiting on news of Karanka now. It could be important in whether Tyler is allowed to stay or not.

Stags have signed Forest GK Jordan Smith on loan. I heard a rumour today that we're close on Grant but Notts are trying to hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Freeman do you really think that Grant is the sort of player we need right now?
    A player that scores goals from midfield? Naaaaah.

Of course, he's a very good player, why would you turn that down if he was available? We only have one decent winger at the club at the moment in Enzio and he's not fit. After that we have Nathan Thomas who most people would happilly drive back to Sheffield. Now we've signed a goalkeeper I'd say another winger would be a decent priority unless we plan on keeping the 5-2-1-2 all season and playing Enzio out of position when he returns to fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Stags have signed Forest GK Jordan Smith on loan. I heard a rumour today that we're close on Grant but Notts are trying to hijack.
    Really can't see Florist recalling him to put him back out to any club in a league lower than the club he was already at?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast