+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Florist at it again

Normally I would think this is ridiculous but it seems the politics around football management has its own rules so nothing surprises me any more. He’s obviously not a happy bunny and looks like he had no choice but to ask to leave which is a shame for Florist fans because I think with the right support from above he had the credentials to fulfill his initial contract successfully and have them back in the premier league as tasked.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Normally I would think this is ridiculous but it seems the politics around football management has its own rules so nothing surprises me any more. He’s obviously not a happy bunny and looks like he had no choice but to ask to leave which is a shame for Florist fans because I think with the right support from above he had the credentials to fulfill his initial contract successfully and have them back in the premier league as tasked.
    He gave a very weird interview a while back didn't he? He obviously wasn't happy for a while , something has obviously gone off behind the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Hey Tricky apologies, I take it all back. You’re clearly very much ITK. Well, you and Paul Taylor, who was tweeting all day yesterday that Karanka was going. And then getting dogs abuse from Forest fans.

Go on then big man, who’s next? I saw somewhere that Big Sam is in the frame...
    I'll let you work it out, fat soothsayer. After all you know what's best for the rest of the population.
    The favorite has connections with Olympiacos and has worked closely with the new director of football. Both being European veterans.

If he doesn't come, all I'll say is Watford/Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He gave a very weird interview a while back didn't he? He obviously wasn't happy for a while , something has obviously gone off behind the scenes
    Spot on. It's political and personalities.

I'm gutted though. 1 year ago, this guy brought in 9 players to guarantee survival,
    This summer, he turned the squad on its head.
    The team isn't the finished article, but is vastly superior to what we had.
    We have 22500 season ticket holders as a result, and a home average of 27000
    If that doesn't keep you in a job, I don't know what is expected?

I reckon he would have had you in the play offs this season

Quote Originally Posted by Heanorpie View Post
    I reckon he would have had you in the play offs this season
    Agreed, I'm pretty pleased with this sacking as I think it means another season in the Championship next year for them whereas I think Aitor is a great manager and would have got them promoted or missed out very narrowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Spot on. It's political and personalities.

I'm gutted though. 1 year ago, this guy brought in 9 players to guarantee survival,
    This summer, he turned the squad on its head.
    The team isn't the finished article, but is vastly superior to what we had.
    We have 22500 season ticket holders as a result, and a home average of 27000
    If that doesn't keep you in a job, I don't know what is expected?
    So tell us - was he pushed as you infer, or was it his decision as the official channels seem to say?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    He would get in the Mansfield side if CJ Hamilton goes to West Brom, as I read in some gossip column the other day.
    He wouldn't get in ahead of CJ on the wing, but CJ is increasingly being used as a forward. I'm sure Flitcroft could fit him in somewhere. Rumour was that he was due to sign today, but it's on hold because of the Karanka business. Could still be completed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Why don't you go play on your own Board you are becoming boring now. Better still go and cut your finger naIls, with 12 to cut that should take up a lot of your spare time instead of boring us.
    Toodle Pip.
    Got to laugh at the snowflake generation! You kids take offence far too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    So tell us - was he pushed as you infer, or was it his decision as the official channels seem to say?
    Pushed, which is why he'll get compo.That was the sticking point yesterday, the ££££££££££
    The mutual agreement is a smoke screen for the press.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast