+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florist at it again

Florist at it again

About to rip up Grants season long loan deal with Luton.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-jorge-2412104

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

Probably coming back to Notts then!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Probably coming back to Notts then!!
    Yes please Banjo!

Nottingham Forest have reportedly triggered the recall option in Jorge Grant’s loan deal at Luton Town.

The midfielder joined the Hatters for a season-long stint in the summer and has made 22 appearances for the League One club, scoring four goals.

But, according to Football Insider, the Reds have received a number of enquiries from other teams hoping to take Grant on loan – and they are set to “rip up” his contract with Luton, to send him elsewhere.

So activated the release clause?
    I'll have a punt on they're selling him, but all perfectly above board.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Yes please Banjo!

Did anything happen with The Tyler Walker loan to Stags???

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  14.5 KB

Without wishing to defend those ****s, he’s not playing regularly. Fair enough imo.

I can see a difference with the Yates situation here, because the report talks of a "recall option". If Forest have been clever enough to include that in the loan deal, they are perfectly within their rights to terminate the original loan if a better offer comes along. The difference seems to be that we were apparently given a verbal assurance from them that we had Yates for the season, if that is true it shows that Forest are a club with no morals.

For what it's worth, I think Grant could be a useful League 1 squad member, but he'll never be a Championship regular.

You see this is what worries me with Hardy. Grant is not the sort of player we need right now and was badly found out after Yates left in the second half of last season as the goals and performances dried up. Yet Hardy seems to still probably ( if he could) have been interested in taking him back if he was available ( which he wouldn't be to Notts).

He clearly hasn't learnt!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You see this is what worries me with Hardy. Grant is not the sort of player we need right now and was badly found out after Yates left in the second half of last season as the goals and performances dried up. Yet Hardy seems to still probably ( if he could) have been interested in taking him back if he was available ( which he wouldn't be to Notts).

He clearly hasn't learnt!
    I’m guessing it’s Ardley who’s bringing who he wants in, just like every other supporter AH can have an opinion who he’d like to bring in, give him a break he’s allowed to be human as well as the Chairman!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast