+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for Saturday's £2 for Cambridge fixture.

Advice for Saturday's £2 for Cambridge fixture.

There's some useful advice on the Official Site for Saturday's match.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...mation-080119/

A great picture of Meadow Lane there too, apart from a small blemish that I've corrected (see below).

Name:  Meadow Lane.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  96.1 KB

So pleased you removed that blemish. God only knows how that hideous eyesore hanging over the riverbank got anywhere near planning consent.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    God only knows how that hideous eyesore hanging over the riverbank got anywhere near planning consent.
    Have you ever heard the phrase 'brown paper bag'?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    No, but I've come across a few 'double baggers' in my time!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    No, but I've come across a few 'double baggers' in my time!
    Double bagger - “Someone who is so ugly that not only do you put a bag over their head, you put a bag over your own head in case theirs falls off.”

That’s funny! I’ve never heard that expression before!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Double bagger - “Someone who is so ugly that not only do you put a bag over their head, you put a bag over your own head in case theirs falls off.”

Mostly found skulking in the shadows, without a slow dance partner, down the Palais just before kicking out time . . . aka 'last resort'.

Thank heavens for beer goggles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Indeed I have and often in relation to that location

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

Last time I heard it used it was in relation to the impending threat of catching something but you didn't want to miss the opportunity so doubled up on the protection

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Mostly found skulking in the shadows, without a slow dance partner, down the Palais just before kicking out time . . . aka 'last resort'.

Thank heavens for beer goggles!
    'Last resort' & 'Beer Goggles' .........or a 'Six Pinter'. The Palais was my Fri/Sat haunt for a few years when I outgrew the 'Vic' (Locarno to younger posters). Thinking about it we must have been awful to the plain lasses ..... mind you some were probably pleased to get a dance! Yes I almost forgot .... caught the crabs from one once but my mate caught worse .... a couple of visits to Glasshouse Street (the old pox house) for penicillin jabs. Great days.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 09-01-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    'Last resort' & 'Beer Goggles' .........or a 'Six Pinter'. The Palais was my Fri/Sat haunt for a few years when I outgrew the 'Vic' (Locarno to younger posters). Thinking about it we must have been awful to the plain lasses ..... mind you some were probably pleased to get a dance! Yes I almost forgot .... caught the crabs from one once but my mate caught worse .... a couple of visits to Glasshouse Street (the old pox house) for penicillin jabs. Great days.
    That clinic on Glasshouse Street was busier than the City Hospital in those days!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast