+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ryan Schofield Signs

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Shows what a pickle we are in. It's a rum do, when we are all pining our hopes on these untried youngsters. It will be very interesting to see who Ardley picks on saturday, hope its the young lad for some height and presence in our box.
    I think 'untried' might be a bit harsh in the case of the new keeper Schofield as he has won a prestigious tournament as England u18 keeper and played for FC U of M and Telford in front of crowds not a million miles off league two sized. Fingers crossed he's ready. He certainly comes with a brilliant reputation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Shows what a pickle we are in.
    All down to poor recruitment, everything points to Branston.

Welcome aboard Ryan.

I think this Jan window is going great guns after only 10 days! Well done all concerned.

In an ideal world I'd be hoping for a bruising forward (there was a rumour of Akinfenwa?) and/or a forward with blistering pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Welcome aboard Ryan.

I think this Jan window is going great guns after only 10 days! Well done all concerned.

In an ideal world I'd be hoping for a bruising forward (there was a rumour of Akinfenwa?) and/or a forward with blistering pace.
    If we got Akinfenwa in, I'd be putting a cheeky bet on us getting playoffs! An to be fair, there is still 60 points available, playoffs aren't out of the question... I am being very, very cheeky with that!

I like his link with Steady who he calls 'a good lad' (even though he's old enough to be his dad!) Also like the fact that Ardley has been eyeing him for some time.

It will be interesting to see if he comes straight into the team at the weekend. If not then it may focus Fitzsimmons mind that he actually has some genuine competition for his place if he doesn't drastically up his game. Paul Hart has his detractors mainly because of his associations with Forest. Some individuals seem to have a pathalogical hatred of them as they also seem to include Chettle and Crossley in their venom which is ironic given that probably the best two players seen in a Notts shirt over the last two years were loanees from Forest.

Funny, last time we were ‘in a pickle’ we picked up a young lad on loan who nobody had a clue about. I remember similar comments being said. Jorge Grant did well for us. Hopefully, Ardley has a couple of rough diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All down to poor recruitment, everything points to Branston.
    We probably got the latest recruits on H P as well.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    We probably got the latest recruits on H P as well.
    Apparently we was in for a German player called Heinz until someone realized he was 57.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234