+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its all gone silent transfer wise

In the years Rafa has been here he has a transfer profit of over 26m.The slug gave that clown McClaren over 92m to spend.How not to run a club.

Well news today that Shelvey could be offloaded .. Will the fat kernt trouser the cash or use it to buy Almiron?
    Valued at £20m or thereabouts .

£20m for shelvey is stupid money... he is nowhere near that. However, he is still out best midfielder and we are fecked if he goes....

A damning indictment of our squad.

Still £20m is neither here nor there when it isnt reinvested.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    £20m for shelvey is stupid money... he is nowhere near that. However, he is still out best midfielder and we are fecked if he goes....

A damning indictment of our squad.

Still £20m is neither here nor there when it isnt reinvested.
    In today's market how is Shelvey not worth £20m? He's played for England, not a bad age, experienced prem player and is one of the best passes of the ball in the league. One pass from him can change a game, I know he's not been a standout player for of this season but he has in the past. I think £20m at least should be the going rate for him. Although I'd rather keep him, I'm a fan of his and think if we had a few better players around him he would flourish. Like you say the money wouldn't get reinvested anyway so what's the point.

Personally I wouldn't pay 20 mill, however he is worth that in today's market - maybe 25. Crazy, I know 20 years ago this kind of player was 2 a penny.

But its academic. The money.would disappear so we may as well keep him.

Forget the window lads. I have. Its never good news for us.

If shelvey is worth £20m then we NEED to be buying a shed load of £30m - £40m players just to keep our heads above water.

He scores no goals, he gets no assists, he fails to track his man, he lashes out when frustrated, he is slow and quite lazy.

He is not a £20m player....

But he is still our best midfielder.... the phucking state of our squad!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    If shelvey is worth £20m then we NEED to be buying a shed load of £30m - £40m players just to keep our heads above water.

He scores no goals, he gets no assists, he fails to track his man, he lashes out when frustrated, he is slow and quite lazy.

He is not a £20m player....

But he is still our best midfielder.... the phucking state of our squad!!!!!!
    I kind of agree with Mick on this, Shelvey is no where near a 20m player. I personally think the keeper is our most valuble player.

Today's market sees players sold for ****ing stupid amounts of money, players called up for the national team when they cant get a game for their club. Its driven by greed and money.

There is a bracket under the norm though where players (who dont have the glamourous club hype) are still sold for normal amounts. Shelvey is in that clutch, 15m tops, yes he can pick a pass but when the **** has he changed a game for us and picked out a world class pass?? answers on a postcard please because this label is getting old.

We know what he can do, but rarely does it, he looks lazy to me, id scrap him and kennedy and get the other Chelsea lad on loan and find a striker

Not worth 20m.In this day and age when every useless knacker elsewhere goes for stupid money,it's not unreasonable to be asking for at least that for Shelvey.

I agree.He doesnt do it consistently enough to merit the big fee in my eyes however, he is English which gets a premium straight away, the right age, creative position, an international

How much did Caroll go for again? Stones? Shaw? Barkley?

Not worth it, certainly.but think 20 would hsppen. Shiit is bought all the time for 20 mill these days.

OK , maybe 15 to 20 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Not worth 20m.In this day and age when every useless knacker elsewhere goes for stupid money,it's not unreasonable to be asking for at least that for Shelvey.
    Mitro has been linked with a move from Fulham to China
    £50 M

Now what’s Shelvey worth again?)??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)