+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the yanks wanting full control lets discuss this one

FPS should be made to get 75% with a new issue of shares, that way the 150 members of DFCSS won't be involved. Especially if DFCSS want cash for the sale, rather than give the shares back to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    FPS should be made to get 75% with a new issue of shares, that way the 150 members of DFCSS won't be involved. Especially if DFCSS want cash for the sale, rather than give the shares back to the club.
    It's not that simple Tainted.

Category A Ordinary Shares were created to give the fans ability to protect their club. FPS cannot (in fact are expressly restricted from doing so) simply issue more of these shares to get the 75% required, the Tully is wrong (not for the first time).

DFCSS can stop this themselves, all they need is good legal advice which they have now sought I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    you widna hae the yanks x year plan saved would u?im no very organised but i, sure someone will have it
    The yanks have been here nearly six years now, and the club is no further forward, only difference is we were in the first division, but looks like we may be going back there.
    I will attend the Dfcss meeting tomorrow, but members do not have a vote, an e mail form is available to send with your opinion and suggestions.
    I hope the Q & A session will give more clarification regarding the shares.
    Meanwhile our club is bottom of the league, support is dwindling, the stadium is crumbling and the fecking hoses are still there !!

The folk chairing the meeting will give their thought’s not facts, a bit like McDonald and Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

Category A Ordinary Shares were created to give the fans ability to protect their club. FPS cannot (in fact are expressly restricted from doing so) simply issue more of these shares to get the 75% required, the Tully is wrong (not for the first time).

DFCSS can stop this themselves, all they need is good legal advice which they have now sought I believe.
    If the stadium is the issue then one of the options is to allow that restriction to be changed to Dens Park or Nou Campy. give specific permission for the Nou Campy move and nothing else.

I don't see the point of selling the shares, what do Dfcss do with the money, use it in the community ?.
    The shares at least give the supporters a say in any sale or other developments.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I don't see the point of selling the shares, what do Dfcss do with the money, use it in the community ?.
    The shares at least give the supporters a say in any sale or other developments.
    This isn't a dig at you Deecom but I've never ever and never will get this obsession with the "community" why can't any money be used to help us instead of giving it away....those charity things back in the day used to make my blood boil.

On a seperate point it wud be appreciated if you can post what goes on at the meeting and your own take on it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

Appreciate the A Ordinary shares are a special category and the protections sit with these, would have thought FPS would look to buy the Ordinary shares to get their 75%, unless they do want the protections to pass to them/disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    150 of them, at least

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Appreciate the A Ordinary shares are a special category and the protections sit with these, would have thought FPS would look to buy the Ordinary shares to get their 75%, unless they do want the protections to pass to them/disappear?
    Yes they could buy them from DFCSS. In which case the fans give up the right to stop the various things in the shares. But they cannot just allocate more and buy them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)