+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the yanks wanting full control lets discuss this one

The Ordinary shares don't carry any rights, it would just give them 75% so they have control and transfer the shares to the property company. Why not just buy these shares? If they specifically want the A shares then they want the protections to disappear. Why? DFCSS wouldn't stop a move to a new ground, for example. But they can stop the bad things everyone should be worried about. What are the motivations for wanting the A shares specifically, is my question.

I'm not the most clever regarding shares etc,but did dfcss not get the shares to safeguard our future?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The Ordinary shares don't carry any rights, it would just give them 75% so they have control and transfer the shares to the property company. Why not just buy these shares? If they specifically want the A shares then they want the protections to disappear. Why? DFCSS wouldn't stop a move to a new ground, for example. But they can stop the bad things everyone should be worried about. What are the motivations for wanting the A shares specifically, is my question.
    Sorry I didn’t understand.

Perhaps their motivation is they don’t expect to have to go cap in hand to Dave Forbes newsagent shop for permission to leave dens. It’s possible the motivation isn’t badly intended...but who knows till they speak

Appreciate the A Ordinary shares are a special category and the protections sit with these, would have thought FPS would look to buy the Ordinary shares to get their 75%, unless they do want the protections to pass to them/disappear?
    There is nothing to stop FPS offering to purchase enough ordinary shares held by DFCSS to give them a 75% majority unless of course FPS have a hidden agenda to get rid of all the A shares and as a result all the restrictions. When the latest annual accounts were published in March 2018 FPS stated then that they would be moving their shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to Dark Blue Property Holdings so why do they now want to purchase all the A shares held by DFCSS.
    In my opinion it is now time for John Nelms to ‘come clean’ and make a public statement about their true intentions for Dundee FC.

They can pay a dividend on the shares.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Sorry I didn’t understand.

Perhaps their motivation is they don’t expect to have to go cap in hand to Dave Forbes newsagent shop for permission to leave dens. It’s possible the motivation isn’t badly intended...but who knows till they speak
    They said they want 75% control so they can transfer shares to the property company, they can buy Ordinary shares to achieve that, they don't need the special shares, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    They can pay a dividend on the shares.
    They can do a lot with the A shares, but I doubt they'll admit they want to pay dividends when the club is running at a huge loss, surely can't be possible anyway given the financial position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)