+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Possible starting 11 v cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I would imagine they've already worked that out, as part of the due diligence. I saw the Leeds game this morning...top of the table, different sort of pressure to maintain that position, and they had at least 3 ****s on the pitch, one of whom was probably MOM.
    Jordan Pickford had made nearly 30 appearances in leagues 1 and 2 on loan at Burton and Carlisle by his 20th birthday. Only reason he didn't play the full season was that Sunderland recalled him for part of it. He'd also played 29 games in the Conference before that.

Not saying that we've got a future England international but if Ardley thinks he's ready then I think he'll play him

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

I think we need to put Schofield on the bench so he can actually witness firsthand the challenges that lie ahead.

We need more legs in midfield - hopefully O’Brien can guide Hewitt through the game.
    It's not a practise game, nw6pie, we do need the points and that's why he's here - or would you expect us to lose a game or two while Schofield gets used to watching us? I imagine Ardley & Co will have shown him a video or two of our defensive frailties and what to expect in L2. And do you think an experienced player like Hewitt needs a "guide"? He has played before today, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Jordan Pickford had made nearly 30 appearances in leagues 1 and 2 on loan at Burton and Carlisle by his 20th birthday. Only reason he didn't play the full season was that Sunderland recalled him for part of it. He'd also played 29 games in the Conference before that.

Not saying that we've got a future England international but if Ardley thinks he's ready then I think he'll play him
    We need that fresh start between the sticks asap. I'm sure he'll start him today.
    It'd be tempting to play all of Allesandra, O'Brien, Barclay today but if 3 of 10 outfield players are not 100% match ready (plus Vaughn!)..., it might be best to phase in what he thinks is his best team.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    An experienced goalkeeper would take time bedding in behind our lot (it’s not just the defence, it’s all 10 outfield players who need to press the opposition more, like we did against Bury). Why are we in such a rush to throw a 19-year-old in for his league debut in such a crucial must-win game? There’s no hiding place for a keeper who makes a mistake. Give him a week in training and, if he proves himself superior to Fitz, then put him in against Yeovil.
    Why would an experienced goalkeeper (or any other player) need "bedding in"? And for how long if we are still leaking goals? And isn't every game now a "crucial must-win game"? We are in a critical position and stuff needs to happen NOW, not when a new player feels comfy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234